John Williams is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Real Estate department. John's advice focuses on property acquisitions, disposals, investments, financing, development and asset management. John acts for a range of developers, banks and investors in dealing with purchases, sales, lettings, lending and ongoing investment management issues. Recently he has acted for banks and private equity firms on the sale and purchase of a number of loan portfolios. John has particular expertise in receiver and liquidator sales and acting for banks on the property aspects of the financing of renewable energy projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Broadhaven Credit Partners, a subsidiary of Bain Capital, on the acquisition of three residential development sites in the Dublin area.
- Blackstone on the acquisition of The Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin, Ireland's largest retail and leisure centre - this was the highest value single real estate asset ever traded in Ireland.
- Starwood Capital on Project Molly, the acquisition of a prime Dublin office portfolio, to include advising on the ongoing letting and management of this portfolio.
- Chartered Land and its funding partner on Project Trinity, the acquisition of two Dublin hotels.
- RBS/Ulster Bank on the sale of loan portfolios including Projects Clear, Finn, Arthur, Achill and Button.
- Nord LB, DNB, Rabobank, Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank (and others) on the financing of several windfarm projects throughout Ireland.
- Windfarm Developers (both public and private) in relation to the acquisition, development and financing of a number of windfarm projects.
- NAMA on Project Tara, the sale of a prime Dublin office portfolio.
- Rabobank on its property interests.
- KPMG, PwC, EY, Deloitte, Grant Thornton and McStay Luby as receivers and liquidators on the sale of property portfolios.
"John Williams is extremely competent and commercial. He is quick to turn things around, and all advice comes with a solid recommendation." (Legal 500 2023)
"Recommended Lawyer." (Legal 500 2019, 2017)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLM (Commercial Law), University College Dublin
- BCL University College Dublin
Partner, Real Estate