Judith Brown is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Banking and Financial Services department. Judith advises lending institutions and borrowers on a wide range of finance transactions, in particular corporate lending and security, syndicated loans, acquisition finance and structured finance.
Areas of Expertise
- Santander in relation to Northern Ireland aspects of the Alliance & Leicester FSMA banking business transfer scheme.
- Eurohypo AG, London, in relation to facilities provided to Tesco BL Properties including NI security.
- Various financial institutions in relation to detailed NAMA due diligence.
- Ulster Bank in connection with various bilateral facilities for major property and healthcare group.
- HBOS in connection with three separate high profile securitisation transactions relating to the Halifax, Birmingham Midshires and Bank of Scotland brands.
- Various financial institutions including Bank of Ireland and Ulster Bank Ireland relating to financing of Lidl stores throughout Northern Ireland.
- Nationwide Building Society in relation to transfer of various mortgage portfolios.
"An experienced and calm head who undertakes instructions in a timely, professional and commercially aware manner." (Chambers UK 2020)
"Judith Brown has "great knowledge and expertise in the banking and finance space," according to market sources, adding that she is "definitely a leading banking and finance lawyer in Northern Ireland."" (Chambers UK 2019)
"Finance partner Judith Brown has been instrumental to the success of our business in this jurisdiction." (Chambers UK 2018)
"Customer-focused and commercial", "knowledgeable, efficient and in control of any situation." (Chambers UK 2017)
- Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Cert. PLS, Queens University Belfast
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin