Judith Brown is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance team in Belfast. Judith has extensive experience advising domestic and international lending institutions, funders and borrowers on a wide range of finance transactions, in particular corporate lending and security, property finance, acquisition finance and loan portfolio acquisition and sales.
Areas of Expertise
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland in relation to the disposal (by way of securitisation) of a portfolio of non-performing UK mortgages secured on owner occupied and buy-to-let investment properties.
- Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. and Pension Insurance Corporation plc in relation to their funding of Clanmil Housing Association Limited by way of private placement secured on a large portfolio of social housing assets located in Northern Ireland.
- AIB Bank in relation to the restructuring and refinance of multiple retail park investment assets.
- Barclays Bank in relation to the financing of Baloo Retail Park, Bangor.
- Benmore Healthcare group on the financing of the development of the Kings Hall Health Village in Belfast.
- European Investment Bank in connection with £130m social housing finance facilities provided to Apex Housing Association for the purpose of funding a large number of social housing schemes in Northern Ireland.
- Oakland Holdings on the financing of Merchant Square – a prime grade A office development in Belfast city centre.
"Judith is an expert in her field. Her advice was very clear and practical. She was a pleasure to work with and provided confidence that every hurdle could be overcome." (Chambers, 2023)
"She is very diligent and detailed." (Chambers, 2023)
- Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Cert. PLS, Queens University Belfast
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin