Louise Bailey is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance department in Belfast. Louise has over twenty years' experience acting for a wide range of domestic and international financial institutions, sponsors and borrowers in a broad range of bilateral and syndicated cross-border financing transactions. Louise advises on corporate lending, real estate finance, development finance, securitisations, debt restructurings and loan portfolio sales.
Areas of Expertise
Finance/Capital Markets – Debt
- Wells Fargo Bank in relation to facilities to the EQT Exeter Group.
- Northern Ireland Investment Fund in relation to development financing for the Ebrington Hotel.
- Tristan Capital Partners in relation to The Junction and The Outlet Retail Parks.
- National Westminster Bank plc t/a Ulster Bank in relation to the acquisition by Marram Hotel Partners of the Bushmills Inn.
- Advising Radius Payment Solutions in relation to various aspects of their financing requirements.
- Advising Insight Investment Management (Global) Limited in respect of the Northern Irish aspects of investments in trade receivables securitisations.
- Advising a lender on a potential expansion of their lifetime and retirement interest only mortgage business to Northern Ireland.
- Various financial institutions in relation to loan portfolio sales.
- Various banks on the Northern Irish aspects of ring-fencing pursuant to Part VII FSMA.
- Contributing author for Northern Ireland in respect of a Basel II database for the Federal Association of German Banks, the Federal Association of German Mortgage Banks, the Federal Association of Germany’s Public Sector Banks and other member banks.
"Louise Bailey always provides a highly professional approach to advising on our complex banking requirements. The work is always provided on time and Louise is very commercially aware of the Irish banking market." (Chambers UK 2023)
"Very impressive, sharp, and professional." (Chambers UK 2020)
"Louise really excelled, making herself easily available at all stages, and clearly talking us through the key decisions." (Chambers UK 2019)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Cert. PLS, Queen's University of Belfast
- LLB (Hons) Law, Queen's University of Belfast