Mark is a partner in A&L Goodbody's market-leading Commercial & Technology group. He advises clients on all aspects of technology, IP, data protection and related issues. Mark's practice also involves drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and advising on the IP, technology and data protection aspects of corporate M&A transactions.
Mark is named as a 'Rising star' in Legal 500 2022 for information technology law, as well as being listed as a key lawyer in the data privacy and data protection and the healthcare and life sciences practice areas. Mark is also listed as a 'Rising star' in IPStars 2021.
Areas of Expertise
Commercial & Technology/Data Privacy/Technology/Commercial Contracts/Intellectual Property/ESG and Sustainability
- A leading Irish insurer on a number of IT and other commercial contracts relating to the provision of third party IT and other services.
- A leading pharmaceutical company on new IT procurements for various IT solutions, including cloud-hosted solutions and SaaS arrangements.
- Various entities on GDPR compliance matters as well as on pre-GDPR and GDPR investigations.
- An Irish state body on multiple new technology agreements for its new building in Dublin.
- An Irish healthcare group on various software licensing and support services agreements as well as on software escrow arrangements, together with various aspects of GDPR compliance.
- An Irish real estate agency on the IP, IT and data protection aspects of corporate M&A transactions and also on various data protection compliance issues.
- An Irish state body on a new managed ICT services agreement.
- A leading Irish financial services provider on the IT and services agreements aspects of a new joint venture arrangement.
‘Consistently excellent.’ (Legal500 2022)
'Rising star.' (Legal500 2022)
'Rising star.' (IP Stars 2022)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLM, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) - 2010
- LLB (Hons) First class degree, Trinity College Dublin - 2009