Marsha is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department and she is also a partner in the firm's specialist Restructuring & Insolvency Group. She has wide experience in the area of general commercial litigation including financial services litigation, litigation involving directors and regulatory investigations. She also has acted for both creditors, insolvency practitioners and financial institutions in liquidations, receiverships and examinerships as well as advising and working on formal and informal restructurings and reorganisations.
Areas of Expertise
- Ladbrokes and Homebase Ireland in relation to their successful restructuring via examinership.
- A leading financial institution in its capacity as secured creditor in relation to a number of court challenges brought by it in relation to the newly enacted Personal Insolvency legislation.
- Allied Irish Banks in relation to restructuring and financial services related Commercial Court litigation.
- Ulster Bank and Allied Irish Banks in relation to the sale of a number of their loan portfolio sales.
- An international aircraft leasing company in its defence of Commercial Court proceedings concerning the Cape Town Convention.
- Ulster Bank in Commercial Court litigation relating to a dispute on boundaries and ownership and trust issues.
- Shareholder disputes and High Court proceedings between shareholders of a company in the energy sector.
- High Court restriction and disqualification proceedings involving a number of directors.
- Financial institutions in relation to the appointment of receivers and related enforcement and litigation work.
- EY, PWC, KPMG, Duff and Phelps and Deloitte in relation to a number of receiverships, liquidations and examinerships appointments.
"A recommended lawyer." (Legal 500 2018)
"Able to handle challenging mandates." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"Marsha is commercial and responsive in her advice." (Chambers Europe 2017)
"Praised for her ability to bring a 'strong balance of technical and commercial considerations."(Chambers Europe 2016)
Marsha was Adjunct Lecturer in the Law School of Trinity College, Dublin during 2009-2014 and a lecturer at the Law Society of Ireland. She is a member of INSOL Europe, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University of Oxford
- BCL, University College Cork