Michelle Daly is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance department. Michelle advises Irish and international clients on a wide range of finance transactions. She has particular expertise in debt capital markets (including securitisations, debt issuances and regulatory capital issuances), structured products and financial markets infrastructure. Michelle regularly advises corporate and institutional clients on netting, collateral and hedging issues. She also has broad experience on green and sustainability-linked financing and the acquisition and disposal of loan portfolios.
Areas of Expertise
- Bank of Ireland on its recent SRT RMBS transactions, including a €377m securitisation of buy-to-let loans (Mulcair) and a €350m securitsation of buy-to-let and residential mortgage loans (Mulcair 2).
- Bank of Ireland Group plc on its €975m additional Tier 1 securities issuances.
- Bank of Ireland Group plc on its US$1bn securities issuance to US investors.
- Bank of Ireland on its €15bn covered bond programme.
- KBC Bank Ireland plc on its €5.8bn Phoenix Funding 7 DAC retained securitisation.
- IPUT plc on its financing arrangements including its €200m senior secured notes offering to US investors and its inaugural €200m green loan.
- Grafton Group plc on its financing arrangements.
- Ireland Strategic Investment Fund as a funder of the innovative "Milkflex" loan product.
- Advising on establishment of section 110 structures for loan origination and asset acquisitions.
- International and domestic financial institutions and clearers on Irish law issues relating to derivatives, netting and collateral arrangements.
"A Rising Star." (Legal 500 2021)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- MSc, UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin
- LLB, National University of Ireland, Galway
- B. Corporate Law, National University of Ireland, Galway