Niamh O'Sullivan is a partner and Head of A&L Goodbody's Real Estate Department. Niamh's practice focuses on property development and investment advice. Her work includes pre-funding developments, property finance and site acquisitions and disposals. Niamh's development work ranges from acting for purchasers in pre-funding development to those who wish to participate through varying forms of co-ownership. She also acts for pension funds and other institutional investors. Niamh's client base includes the owners of significant retail investments and UK multiples who are tenant in Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
- PWC as receiver of Wintertide, together with NAMA and CIE, in relation to the sale of the largest ever student accommodation site in Dublin.
- IPUT plc on sales, purchases leasing and development work of its portfolio which is worth in excess of €2bn.
- Duff and Phelps together with NAMA, on the sale of the mixed use Elm Park Campus for in excess of €170m.
- Wells Fargo on their lending to the Irish market with deals including taking security over a large portfolio of leased industrial units and a separate student accommodation block.
- Signature Capital on the acquisition and subsequent refinancing of Edward Square Shopping Centre in Galway.
- GE in relation to the purchase of a site to be developed as a flagship Biopark.
- State Street in relation to their recent swathe of Irish investment purchases, for two separate pensions funds.
- Asset management advice in relation to a number of large shopping centres.
"I have always found Niamh O'Sullivan's advice very strong and commercial. Where difficult or complex issues were presented I found that Niamh has always been able to find workable solutions." (Chambers Europe 2022)
"Strong in her knowledge and commercial in her advice and dealings." (Chambers Europe 2021)
"A strong leader, admirable expertise and gets the best deal for her clients". (Legal 500 2020)
"Commercial and pragmatic with a strong understanding of all aspects of the Irish real estate market." (Chambers Europe 2019)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin