Peter Murray is a partner in the Finance department and is Head of our General Finance practice group. He has extensive experience in general banking and structured financings.
Peter brings a unique legal and commercial perspective to our Finance department having worked for many years as an investment and corporate banker with domestic and international banks.
Areas of Expertise
- Morgan Stanley on the financing of the $63bn takeover of Allergen by Abbvie.
- Sensata Technologies on its US$700m Cash Tender Offer and Senior Notes issuance.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc on its US$575m senior loan and US$500m Convertible Bond offer.
- Perrigo Finance advising on its US$1.6bn RCF, Term Loan and Bond issuance.
- JP Morgan on the financing of Paymentsense.
- Endo Limited on its US$1.2bn HY bond issuance and acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.
- Goldman Sachs International on the acquisition of the €1.9bn Project Tara loan portfolio from KBC.
- Bank of Ireland on the €6bn transfer of ICS Building Society.
- Various lenders and borrowers on a range of leveraged, acquisition and property finance transactions.
- EBS Building Society on its State recapitalisation programme and its subsequent merger with AIB.
- The Special Liquidators to IBRC on the bank's liquidation and €22bn asset disposals.
"Responsiveness and the quality of advice is excellent." (Legal 500 2021)
"He has a deep knowledge of his practice area and combines that with very practical and commercial advice." (IFLR1000 2019)
"Highly regarded lawyer." (IFLR1000 2020)
"Leading lawyer." (Legal 500 2014 and 2013 and IFLR1000, 2013 and 2012)
Peter has had a lead role in a number of award winning transactions throughout his career. At a European level, Peter co-led the team that won the 'European Banking & Finance Deal of the Year' as awarded by The Lawyer in 2014. He has also advised on many winning deals as awarded by Finance Dublin. In recent years these have included: 'Loans and Financing Deals of the Year 2020: Ryanair's Inaugural Bank Debt Facility'; 'Loans and Financing Deals of the Year 2018: ICG plc financing'; 'M&A Deals of the Year 2017: Johnson Controls merger with Tyco and spin off Adient plc' and 'International Financial Services Deal of the Year 2016: Merger of Citibank International Limited and Citibank Europe plc'.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- LLB, Queens University Belfast