Peter Murray is a partner in the Finance department and is Head of our General Finance practice group. He has extensive experience in general banking and structured financings.
Peter brings a unique legal and commercial perspective to our Finance department having worked for many years as an investment and corporate banker with domestic and international banks.
Areas of Expertise
- Morgan Stanley on the financing of the $63bn takeover of Allergen by Abbvie.
- Sensata Technologies on its US$700m Cash Tender Offer and Senior Notes issuance.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc on its US$1.5 billion Senior Secured notes and US$850m Convertible Bond offer.
- Perrigo Finance advising on its US$2.6 billion Term and Revolving Loan fundraising.
- JP Morgan on the financing of Paymentsense.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on its Chapter 11 restructuring
- Goldman Sachs International on the acquisition of the €1.9bn Project Tara loan portfolio from KBC.
- Bank of Ireland on the €6bn transfer of ICS Building Society.
- Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. on its funding of the Carne Group.
- Various lenders and borrowers on a range of leveraged, acquisition and property finance transactions.
- EBS Building Society on its State recapitalisation programme and its subsequent merger with AIB.
- The Special Liquidators to IBRC on the bank's liquidation and €22bn asset disposals.
"Peter Murray – superb interpersonal skills make him a great lawyer to have on a deal."(Legal 500 2023)
"Exceptionally practical, a great legal mind, spots issues and makes sure they are dealt with as early as possible. Great to have on your side." (Legal 500 2022)
"Very commercial and responsive. Practical and constructive approach. Very knowledgeable and understands the business and the outcomes we are looking for." (IFLR1000 2022)
"Attitude, astuteness. Good assessment of issues and assessment of negotiation tactics." (IFLR1000 2022)
Peter has had a lead role in a number of award winning transactions throughout his career. At a European level, Peter co-led the team that won the 'European Banking & Finance Deal of the Year' as awarded by The Lawyer in 2014. He has also advised on many winning deals as awarded by Finance Dublin. In recent years these have included: 'Loans and Financing Deals of the Year 2020: Ryanair's Inaugural Bank Debt Facility'; 'Loans and Financing Deals of the Year 2018: ICG plc financing'; 'M&A Deals of the Year 2017: Johnson Controls merger with Tyco and spin off Adient plc' and 'International Financial Services Deal of the Year 2016: Merger of Citibank International Limited and Citibank Europe plc'.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- LLB, Queens University Belfast