Peter Stafford is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A practice in Belfast. He specialises in corporate finance work including company acquisitions and disposals, management buy outs, private equity transactions, inward investment and partnership and strategic advisory work. Peter served as Chairman of A&L Goodbody's Belfast office from 2012 to 2019 and was previously Head of the Belfast office.
Areas of Expertise
- Ready Egg Products Limited (one of the largest egg processors in the UK with over 300 employees) on the acquisition of Skea Egg Farms Limited.
- Mzuri Group Limited (Decora Blinds) on its equity investments from BGF and acquisitions of TCMM Shutter Group Limited, Tropical Blinds Limited, Purely Shutters Limited, Make My Blinds Limited (all GB), Pekuva Beheer BV (Netherlands) and I seek Blinds Pty Limited (Australia).
- SHV Energy NV on disposal of its interest in Balcas Timber.
- Separately the shareholders of two private clinics based in Hillsborough, County Down (Orthoderm and Hillsborough Private Clinic) on their sales to Affidea B.V..
- AJ Capital Partners (the private real estate company with other €3.6 billion in current investments) on its acquisition of the Slieve Donard Hotel, Newcastle.
- Reform Clothing Limited, a sustainable clothing start-up, on its €6.6m investment round led by Sustainable Impact Capital Limited (Barclays).
- Bombardier Inc on completion of the sale of its Northern Ireland based aerostructures and aftermarket services business in Belfast, Northern Ireland to Spirit AeroSystems (US).
- Haldane Fisher Limited on the acquisitions of Key Hardware Limited, Robert Dickie & Sons Ltd and Prowood Limited.
- Ulster Weavers Limited on its acquisition of the business and assets of J. Rosenthal & Sons Limited.
"Peter is an excellent lawyer - a very calm and considered guy with a huge amount of experience." (Chambers UK, 2022)
"…first class – very pragmatic, commercial and calm under pressure." (Chambers UK, 2022)
"Peter Stafford has a huge breadth of experience and is a true leader in his field in Northern Ireland. He always has sound commercial solutions to problems and is able to deliver his advice in an easy-to-understand fashion." (Legal 500 UK)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England & Wales
- BA, MA, Jesus College Cambridge