Peter Walker is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance Group and currently heads the Capital Markets (Debt) and Structured Finance Group. He is also a member of the firm's Brexit Group, FinTech Group and Fund Solutions Group. Peter has a broad practice area which covers all forms of debt capital markets, financing, funds structuring and regulatory matters.
Areas of Expertise
Finance/Capital Markets – Debt/FinTech/Private Equity & Venture Capital/Financial Solutions/Corporate Governance & Compliance/Domestic & International Finance /Brexit
- A number of UK authorised entities on Brexit solutions.
- A number of UK and US managers on loan origination structures.
- Originators and arrangers on a significant number of recent Irish RMBS transactions.
- International lenders on a number of recent Irish property financings.
- International lenders on recent funds subscription financing.
- A number of FinTech (crowd funding and payment services) institutions.
“Good communication and available. Straight talking and has been good and developing our firm's relationship with ALG since inception.” (IFLR1000 2021)
"He's very straightforward to work with, and he has strong knowledge of the Irish market. He is at the forefront of cross-European activity which involves the Irish framework." (Chambers Global 2020)
"Expert in his field. First class in terms of approach and advices." (IFLR1000 2019)
"He impresses clients with his willingness to develop practical and effective solutions." (Chambers Global 2018)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLB, University of Wales Cardiff
- BA, University of Wales Bangor