Robbie O'Driscoll is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance department and Head of the London office. He advises Irish and international borrowers, sponsors, banks and direct lenders on a broad range of finance transactions. He has particular expertise in acquisition finance (public and private), real estate and development finance, funds finance and corporate lending. He also advises on restructurings and the acquisition and disposal of loan portfolios.
Robbie previously worked for a leading US firm in London and also spent nine months on secondment with an international bank.
Areas of Expertise
- Henderson Park on the takeover of Green REIT and the related financing.
- Morgan Stanley on the financing of the €63bn takeover of Allergen by Abbvie.
- Activate Capital on its 101m financing to Marlet for the development of the Shipping Office.
- Goldman Sachs International on the acquisition of the €1.9bn Project Tara loan portfolio from KBC.
- Various Irish corporates (including Ryanair, Pinewood Laboratories, IPUT, Devenish Nutrition and Mercury Engineering) on their financing arrangements.
- Lenders and borrowers on various leveraged and acquisition facilities.
- Ambac on an Irish law scheme of arrangement to restructure $1.6bn of notes issued by Ballantyne Re.
"Very knowledgeable in his field, understands complex issues and always provides commercial solutions." (Legal 500 2021)
"Unflappable, practical and commercial." (Legal 500 2020)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLM, University of Cambridge
- BCL, University College Cork