Séamus Ó Cróinín is the Chair of A&L Goodbody and is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance department. Séamus specialises in asset, property and structured finance. He has a particular focus on aviation finance and his clients include European and US credit institutions, private equity investors and aircraft lessors. Séamus also advises European and Irish credit institutions and large corporate borrowers in relation to Irish corporate lending transactions. He has acted for a number of Irish credit institutions and private equity investors in connection with Irish loans/asset portfolio disposals.
Areas of Expertise
- BVK Highstreet Retail Property in relation to its acquisition of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
- Thunderbolt Aircraft Lease on its $344,700,000 fixed rate notes offering, backed by a portfolio of 19 aircraft serviced by Air Lease Corporation.
- Morgan Stanley as arranger of the US$349,125,000 NAS-2016 EETC.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on the issuance of $1,200,000,000 6.00% Senior Notes due 2025.
- Ulster Bank and RBS on a number of loan portfolio disposals.
- ICON in connection with its revolving credit facility and other corporate facilities.
- Merlin Aviation Holdings and Avenue Capital on a US$250.8m asset backed securitisation.
"A truly excellent technician with deep expertise in his field, Séamus is a real authority in his area and able to deliver his advice in a practical manner." (Chambers Global 2023)
"We really value the fluent negotiation skills of Seamus Ó’Cróinín who has used them effectively to keep momentum going on complex transactions and who understands the “win/win” for both sides." (Legal 500 2022)
"A leader within the Irish legal community… very pragmatic to deal with." (Chambers Global 2022)
"Extremely hard-working, strong at problem solving and very commercial in his approach." (Chambers Global 2021)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University of Dublin