Séamus Ó Cróinín is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance Department and specialises in asset, property and structured finance. Séamus has a particular focus on aviation finance and his clients include European and US credit institutions, private equity investors and aircraft lessors. Séamus also advises European and Irish credit institutions and large corporate borrowers in relation to Irish corporate lending transactions. He has acted for a number of private equity investors in connection with Irish loans/asset portfolio disposals.
Areas of Expertise
- BVK Highstreet Retail Property in relation to its acquisition of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
- Thunderbolt Aircraft Lease on its $344,700,000 fixed rate notes offering, backed by a portfolio of 19 aircraft serviced by Air Lease Corporation.
- Morgan Stanley as arranger of the US$349,125,000 NAS-2016 EETC.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on the issuance of $1,200,000,000 6.00% Senior Notes due 2025.
- Ulster Bank and RBS on a number of loan portfolio disposals.
- ICON in connection with its revolving credit facility and other corporate facilities.
- Merlin Aviation Holdings and Avenue Capital on a US$250.8m asset backed securitisation.
"Exceptionally good." (Chambers Global 2020)
"Practical and commercial, with a wide breadth of experience and knowledge. He has a great manner with clients and delivers above and beyond expectations." (Chambers Global 2019)
"A very skillful practitioner who is commercial and understands complex matters easily." (Chambers Global 2018)
"He knows how to get a deal done and is very team and solution-oriented." (Chambers Global 2017)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University of Dublin