Capital Markets – Equity: Experience
DOMESTIC IRISH CORPORATES (INCLUDING BANKS) - GENERAL
- The Joint Global Co-ordinators on the re IPO of AIB and the related sale by the Department of Finance of c.25% of their shareholding in AIB.
- Cairn Homes on its admission to the main securities market of the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Permanent TSB Group on its re-IPO by way of €412m primary equity placing, €98m secondary equity placing, and re-admission of all ordinary shares to trading on the main markets of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges, together with the €400m buy back of Irish Government subscribed 2011 contingent capital notes.
- Dalata Hotel Group on its €455m reverse takeover of Moran Bewley Hotel Group and associated equity raise.
- Hibernia REIT on its €300m placing and open offer - UK, US, Ireland and internationally.
- Dalata Hotel Group on its dual listing on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges (ESM and AIM) and its €265m equity fundraising - UK, US, Ireland and internationally.
- Hibernia REIT on its dual primary listing on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges (official lists) and its €385m equity fundraising - UK, US, Ireland and internationally.
- élan Corporation on the spin-off and related IPO of its early stage R&D business, Prothena, into a new Irish incorporated, NASDAQ listed public company.
- Escher Group Holdings on its admission to the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Ryanair on its IPO on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges.
IRISH CORPORATES - US LISTING/CAPITAL
- Osmotica Pharmaceuticals on their migration from Luxembourg and IPO on the NASDAQ.
- Iterum Therapeutics on its IPO on the NASDAQ.
- Perrigo on its $1bn equity offering related to its acquisition of Omega Pharma.
- Prothena in respect of its March 2017 $155m primary offering on NASDAQ.
- Prothena on its $120m primary equity offering (US, UK and internationally).
- Providence Resources on its €65m secondary capital raise by way of placing and open offer.
- Prothena on its $123m primary and secondary equity offerings (US, UK and internationally).
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its $390m secondary equity offering by certain shareholders.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its $200m equity share buyback programme on NASDAQ.
- Prothena on its IPO on NASDAQ.
- ICON Clinical Research on its IPO on NASDAQ.
- élan Corporation on its IPO on NYSE.
SPONSOR, UNDERWRITER AND ARRANGER ADVICE
- Johnson Controls International on the spin-out of its Adient automotive business.
- UBS, JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch and J&E Davy as Placing Agents in CRH’s €1.6bn “cash-box” placing.
- Jefferies LLC as book-running manager on the IPO of Presbia on NASDAQ.
- UBS, Credit Suisse, J&E Davy, Deutsche Bank and BAML as placing agents and joint lead managers on the placing of the Irish State’s €1bn contingent capital notes issued by Bank of Ireland.
- Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, UBS, CitiGroup and J&E Davy on Bank of Ireland’s €3.4bn capital raising project.
- Independent News & Media: advising J&E Davy as sponsor and underwriter to Independent News & Media on its debt to equity bond restructuring and rights issue.
EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS - GENERAL
- Permira on the Tokyo IPO of Sushiro Global Holdings.
- Numis Securities and Goodbody Stockbrokers on the £95.2m placing and subscription by Draper Esprit.
- Oneview Healthcare on its €40m IPO and admission to the Official List of the Australian Securities Exchange.
- élan Corporation on its $1bn “Dutch auction” tender offer equity buyback (the largest in Irish corporate history).
- ICON Clinical Research on its delisting from the Irish Stock Exchange, the termination of its ADR programme, and the direct listing of its shares on NASDAQ.
- Irish Continental Group on its €111m tender offer equity buyback.
- Ryanair on its transfer from a premium listing to standard listing on the London Stock Exchange.
INTERNATIONAL CORPORATES "INVERTING" INTO IRISH CORPORATES AND RE-LISTING INTERNATIONALLY
- Medtronic on its acquisition of Covidien and related listing on NYSE (2014/2015).
- Endo International on its $1.6bn combination with Paladin and related listing on NASDAQ and TSX.
- Eaton Corporation on its $13.8bn acquisition of Cooper Industries (through Irish Court Scheme of Arrangement) and related listing on the NYSE.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its $2bn combination with Azur Pharma and related listing on NASDAQ.
- élan Corporation on the $1bn merger of its élan Drug Technologies business with US Alkermes and associated related corporate inversion into Ireland of Alkermes Inc. and its related listing on NASDAQ.
INTERNATIONAL CORPORATES ON IRISH ASPECTS OF INTERNATIONAL EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS ACTIVITY
- Standard Life - de-mutualisation and subsequent IPO - significant Irish aspects.
- GECAS - the Genesis Leasing IPO (aircraft leasing) – Irish aspects.
- Babcock & Brown Air – IPO (aircraft leasing); advising Credit Suisse Securities – Irish aspects.
- Hansard Global - IPO - Irish aspects.