Regulatory Investigations: Experience
- Supervisory reviews / on-site inspections responding to all enquiries raised by regulators, including the Central Bank and ECB 'Joint Supervisory Team's, including desk-top and on-site ‘themed inspections’ and advising in relation to ‘skilled persons report’ processes;
- Irish enforcement investigations representing firms in administrative sanctions processes brought by the Central Bank and other regulators against both firms and senior executives including relating to anti-money laundering compliance, tracker mortgages, payment protection insurance, consumer protection, fitness and probity, capital issues such as large exposures and covered asset pools, regulatory reporting, related party lending and transaction monitoring issues.
- European enforcement investigations representing firms under the ECB's Single Supervisory Mechanism enforcement investigation procedure, including the first such sanction in any European Member State.
- Internal investigations designing, conducting, overseeing and reporting on internal investigations relating to regulatory compliance, client engagement and potential regulatory breaches. This includes project scoping and structuring, advising on legal privilege, interacting with stakeholders and managing engagements with external parties including regulators.
- Fitness and probity investigations advising clients on all aspects of the Fitness and Probity Regime, including during the pre-approval and diligence process, internal investigations, ongoing compliance obligations and Central Bank investigations relating to fitness & probity.
- Senior Executive Accountability Regime assisting clients in their preparation for the implementation of the upcoming Individual Accountability Framework, including conducting 'pilot' readiness projects for the Senior Executive Accountability Regime.
- Litigation and complaints representing regulated firms in litigation relating to regulatory breaches including before the High Court and Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO), follow-on appeals and advising on engagements with the regulator regarding complaints and litigation.
- Governance issues advising on regulatory requirements and best practice relating to governance processes including during regulatory engagements relating to governance structures and the operation of committees and board proceedings.
- Compliance preparing, reviewing and assessing policies and procedures relating to regulatory risk management such as AML policies, Fitness and Probity procedures and associated regulatory training.