Irish Merger Control: Main Features
This latest update addresses some of the most frequently asked questions in relation to merger control in Ireland. These include:
- To which agency/agencies must an Irish merger control notification be made?
- What types of merger qualify as potentially notifiable?
- What are the thresholds for the compulsory notificatiion of a merger to the CCPC?
- When/who must notify and what are the consequences of failing to notify/"gun-jumping”?
- What is the timing for the review by the CCPC of a notified merger?
- What decisions must the CCPC make on a notified merger and what test does it apply?
- When should the voluntary notification of a merger to the CCPC be considered if there is no obligation to notify?
- Are there any transaction-value or national security provisions or any exceptions under the Irish system?
- When must a media merger be notified?
- What is the procedure for the review of a media merger?
Date published: 8 November 2019