Berni Hosty is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate and M&A practice. Berni advises a wide range of clients on corporate transactions, both in the domestic market and on international deals with an Irish dimension, across a variety of business and industry sectors. Her key areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and insolvency led sales and reorganisations.
Areas of Expertise
- Citibank on the Crossborder merger of Citibank International and Citibank Europe.
- ICON plc on the wind down of its ADR programme and the replacement of its listing on the Irish Stock Exchange with a direct listing of shares on NASDAQ.
- NCB on its participation in the fully subscribed €111 million tender offer buy-back by Irish Continental Group plc of approximately 24.9% of its share capital.
- Davy on its participation in the $1 billion “Dutch Auction” share buy-back by élan.
- The Committee of Senior Lenders to eircom on the acquisition of eircom out of examinership. The transaction, with a value of approximately €4 billion, was one of the largest restructurings to date in Ireland.
- PartnerRe on its court approved cross border conversion to a Societas Europaea and on a related $1.4 billion capital reduction.
- ICON plc on its acquisition of Firecrest Clinical.
- Kleinwort Benson on the sale of a stake in its Irish asset management business to Virtus Funds.
- Kildare and Wexford County Councils on the disposals of their waste and recycling businesses to Bord na Móna.
- International Power, part of the GDF Suez group, on the court approved cross border amalgamation of its Irish, Italian and Hungarian IP Maestrale wind energy business.
"Berni Hosty is a Rising Star." (IFLR1000 2017)
- LLB, B.Corp Law, NUI, Galway
- Diploma, Applied Finance Law, Law Society of Ireland
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland