Charlie Carroll is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Charlie has a strong track record with a focus on equity capital markets, private company transactional and corporate finance related work in addition to commercial, contractual and corporate governance matters across a range of sectors. Charlie advises international and indigenous companies across a variety of business and industry sectors including financial services, retail, IT, energy and telecommunications.
Charlie is also the Head of ALG Solutions, our unique offering to clients which is made up of over 70 experienced legal and business professionals. The systems and capabilities which the team at ALG Solutions offer are relevant across a broad range of business and legal challenges. We take complex transactional, regulatory and investigation matters and use our combined capabilities to design, plan, resource and deliver innovative and cost effective solutions for our clients.
Areas of Expertise
- eir on the conclusion of a 49.99% investment by InfraVia European Fund V in Fibre Networks Ireland Limited which will facilitate the expansion of eir's fibre-to-the-home broadband network.
- Hibernia REIT PLC on its recommended takeover offer (and on its original dual primary/premium listing on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges (Main Markets) and its €385m equity fundraising).
- Palm Capital and KKR on the acquisition of the Core Industrial portfolio of Irish industrial and logistics properties.
- eir on the €300m sale of its masts business to Phoenix Towers International.
- J&E Davy and RBC Capital Markets on the €150m IPO of Uniphar on Euronext Growth and AIM.
- Greencoat Renewables on its acquisition of Coillte's 50% stakes in Raheenleagh and Cloosh Valley wind farms; and on its acquisition of a combined 25% stake in Sliabh Bawn wind farm from Coillte and Bord na Mona respectively. The investments total a net generating capacity of 105.1MW.
- NJJ on its acquisition of a 66% interest in eir, Ireland's leading telecoms, broadband and media company.
- NAMA on the disposal of its interest in the Square Tallaght Shopping Centre to Oaktree for €250m.
- The joint global co-ordinators on the sale by the Department of Finance of a proportion of its shareholding in Allied Irish Banks and on the related IPO and admission to the official lists of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges of Allied Irish Banks.
- Cairn Homes on its IPO, subsequent fundraisings and on its admission to the main securities market of the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Permanent TSB Group on its re-IPO by way of €412m primary equity placing, €98m secondary equity placing, and re-admission of all ordinary shares to trading on the main markets of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges, together with the €400m buy back of Irish Government subscribed 2011 contingent capital notes.
"Good technical expertise. He understands the commercial aspects and identifies them very quickly." (Chambers Global 2022)
"Great with clients and good at getting the deal done." (Chambers 2021)
“Very service focused and great to work with.” (IFLR1000 2020)
"Knowledgeable in the subject matter and proactive in his execution...First rate work...Completely immersive in client's needs." (IFLR1000 2019)
Law Society of Ireland
Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
Fellow of St. Columba's College
- Diploma in Commercial Contracts, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Stockbroking , Dublin Business School
- BA, Trinity College Dublin