Charlie Carroll is a Partner in the Firm's Corporate and M&A practice. Charlie has a strong track record with a focus on equity capital markets, private company transactional and corporate finance related work in addition to commercial, contractual and corporate governance matters across a range of sectors. Charlie advises international and indigenous companies across a variety of business and industry sectors including financial services, retail, IT, energy and telecommunications.
Areas of Expertise
- Kapp & Peterson on the disposal of the family businesses to the Scandinavian Tobacco Group and to the Laudisi Distribution Group respectively.
- NJJ on its acquisition of a 66% interest in eir, Ireland's leading telecoms, broadband and media company.
- NAMA on the disposal of its interest in the Square Tallaght Shopping Centre to Oaktree for €250m.
- The joint global co-ordinators on the sale by the Department of Finance of a proportion of its shareholding in Allied Irish Banks and on the related IPO and admission to the official lists of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges of Allied Irish Banks.
- Cairn Homes on its IPO, subsequent fundraisings and on its admission to the main securities market of the Irish Stock Exchange.
- The single largest shareholder in Copperbelt Energy Corporation plc in relation to the proposed takeover by a wholly owned subsidiary of CDC Group PLC.
- Scape Opportunities on the acquisition of Kesteven.
- Permanent TSB Group on its re-IPO by way of €412m primary equity placing, €98m secondary equity placing, and re-admission of all ordinary shares to trading on the main markets of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges, together with the €400m buy back of Irish Government subscribed 2011 contingent capital notes.
- Hibernia REIT on its dual primary/premium listing on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges (Main Markets) and its €385m equity fundraising.
- The Special Liquidators to IBRC on all corporate aspects of the sales process in respect of the assets of IBRC.
"Very talented." (Legal 500 2018)
"He will give me well thought through, considered advice on any area." (Chambers Global 2018)
"Very attentive and great technical expertise." (Legal 500 2017)
Law Society of Ireland
Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
Fellow of St. Columba's College
- Diploma in Commercial Contracts, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Stockbroking , Dublin Business School
- BA, Trinity College Dublin