Dario Dagostino is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department focussing on Financial Regulatory matters. Dario is also Head of our Regulatory Risks and Investigations Group. He frequently advises clients on all aspects of their interactions with regulatory authorities such as the Central Bank of Ireland on regulatory compliance, authorisation and enforcement. In addition, Dario represents clients in commercial disputes with a focus on civil proceedings with a regulatory aspect and in advising on corporate criminal issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Various financial institutions in dealing with supervisory enquiries and enforcement proceedings including those commenced by the Central Bank of Ireland, the Irish Stock Exchange, the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement and the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Regulated firms on regulatory enquiries including Central Bank 'Themed Inspections' and 'Skilled Person' Reports.
- Domestic and international clients in commercial disputes before the Irish courts including claims for damages arising from regulatory decisions in the financial services and competition spheres.
- Companies and financial institutions in response to ‘dawn raids’ and other regulatory and public enquiries concerning suspected breaches of competition law, data protection requirements, fraud and other regulatory issues.
- Companies and regulated firms in relation to the conduct of a wide range of internal investigations.
- Various aspects of compliance procedures including those relating to anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, conduct of business rules and consumer protection legislation.
- Self-reporting obligations and managing clients’ relationships with regulatory authorities.
Dario regularly presents to clients on a range of compliance related issues. He has written various articles and participated in government consultations regarding the reform of regulatory enforcement powers.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- B.C.L. Oxford University
- B.A. (Jurisprudence) Oxford University