Darran is a partner in the firm's Corporate and M&A practice. Darran specialises in private equity, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, equity capital markets, joint ventures, cross-border mergers, corporate restructurings, and corporate governance and commercial advisory work. He advises Irish and international public and private companies and investors across a range of industries and sectors, with a particular focus on private equity and technology transactions. Prior to joining ALG, Darran worked with another Irish commercial law firm. Darran is also a member of the firm's FinTech Group and a member of the Blockchain Ireland Legal Working Group.
Areas of Expertise
- Exponent on its acquisition of H&MV Engineering Limited.
- CPPIB on its acquisition of 100% of Shell E&P Ireland Limited, which holds Shell’s 45% interest in the Corrib Natural Gas Field in Ireland for total cash consideration of €830m.
- bunq on its acquisition of CapitalFlow from Pollen Street Capital.
- CarVal on its acquisition of Aerfin.
- Acting for the management team of Ding in connection with the sale of the company to Pollen Street Capital.
- Eir on the carve out of its fibre business and creation of a new joint venture subsidiary and subsequent sale of a substantial minority stake to Infravia for $1.4bn.
- Acting for the management team of KB Associates in connection with the sale of the company to ECI Partners.
- TDS on its sale to Acre, a portfolio company of Triton Partners.
- Deep Pool on its sale to Lovell Minnick Partners and contemporaneous bolt-on acquisition of Koger Inc.
- Madison Dearborn Partners and HPS Investment Partners on their acquisition of the Ardonagh Group.
"Very responsive, very knowledgeable and very keen to assist." (Legal500 2022)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- MBS (Finance), University College Dublin
- BComm, University College Dublin