Darran Nangle is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Darran specialises in private equity, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, equity capital markets, joint ventures, cross-border mergers, corporate restructurings, and corporate governance and commercial advisory work. He advises Irish and international public and private companies and investors across a range of industries and sectors, with a particular focus on private equity and technology transactions. Darran is also a member of the A&L Goodbody's FinTech Group and a member of the Blockchain Ireland Legal Working Group. Prior to joining A&L Goodbody, Darran worked with another Irish commercial law firm.
Areas of Expertise
- Exponent on its acquisition of H&MV Engineering Limited.
- CPPIB on its acquisition of 100% of Shell E&P Ireland Limited, which holds Shell’s 45% interest in the Corrib Natural Gas Field in Ireland for total cash consideration of €830m.
- bunq on its acquisition of CapitalFlow from Pollen Street Capital.
- CarVal on its acquisition of Aerfin.
- Acting for the management team of Ding in connection with the sale of the company to Pollen Street Capital.
- Eir on the carve out of its fibre business and creation of a new joint venture subsidiary and subsequent sale of a substantial minority stake to Infravia.
- Acting for the management team of KB Associates in connection with the sale of the company to ECI Partners.
- TDS on its sale to Acre, a portfolio company of Triton Partners.
- Deep Pool on its sale to Lovell Minnick Partners and contemporaneous bolt-on acquisition of Koger Inc.
- Madison Dearborn Partners and HPS Investment Partners on their acquisition of the Ardonagh Group.
"Very good knowledge of our company and our legal and regulatory obligations as a public company with listings in both Dublin and London." (IFLR1000 2022)
"Very responsive, very knowledgeable and very keen to assist." (Legal500 2022)
"A Rising Star Partner" (IFLR1000 2022)
"Knowledgeable and attentive." (IFLR1000 2022)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- MBS (Finance), University College Dublin
- BComm, University College Dublin