Darran is a partner in the firm's Corporate and M&A practice. Darran specialises in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, technology, joint ventures, FinTech, cross-border mergers, private equity, venture capital, corporate restructurings, and corporate governance and commercial advisory work. He advises Irish and international public and private companies and investors across a range of industries and sectors, with a particular focus on technology and FinTech. Prior to joining ALG, Darran worked with another Irish commercial law firm. Darran is also a member of the firm's FinTech Group.
Areas of Expertise
- Glenveagh Properties plc on its c. €200m secondary issue
- Yew Grove REIT plc on its IPO on the junior markets of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges
- Glenveagh Properties plc on its €550m IPO on the main lists of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges
- Johnson Controls plc on its $20bn merger with Tyco plc
- 888 Holdings plc on its acquisition of the BetBright business
- CPPIB on its proposed acquisition of 100% of Shell E&P Ireland Limited, which holds Shell’s 45% interest in the Corrib Natural Gas Field in Ireland for total cash consideration of €830 million.
- WPP plc on its acquisition of Newsaccess
- Malin plc on its investment into 3D4Medical for $16.4m
- GenCell Biosystems' shareholders on its sale to Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Citibank Europe plc on its cross-border merger with Citibank International Limited