Gillian McDonald is a partner in A&L Goodbody's ALG Solutions group. She is an experienced, pragmatic and strategic lawyer who has worked with the firm since 2012. As legal head, she co-manages a team of 30 multidisciplinary professionals in the execution and delivery of large and medium sized corporate transactions. She has market leading expertise in streamlining sale and acquisition legal due diligence processes for loan portfolio sales and M&A transactions.
Gillian has extensive experience across a broad range of practice areas including commercial property, finance and litigation. This enables her to provide a collaborative interface with specialist practice groups ensuring legal excellence with cost efficient on-time delivery. With a keen interest in developing and enabling innovation in the legal industry, her focus is on delivering legal services through the right combination of resourcing, technology and project management.
Areas of Expertise
- Allied Irish Bank on the sale of its €1bn Alder, €3bn Beech, €2bn Redwood and €0.4bn Project Cypress loan portfolios.
- Eir on the diligence aspects of its €300m sale of its mobile mast infrastructure company.
- Ulster Bank on the sale of its €2.5bn Oyster, €1.4bn Scariff and €0.9bn Deenish CRE, BTL and PDH portfolio loan sales.
- Goldman Sachs on the purchase of a €1.9bn non performing BTL and CRE portfolio of loans from KBC.
- NAMA on the sale of its €7.2bn Arrow Loan portfolio
- The Special Liquidators of IBRC on the €22bn loan portfolio disposals including the Evergreen, Stone, Quartz and Pebble portfolios.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BA (Pure Economics), University College Dublin
Partner and Head of Transactions (Legal), ALG Solutions