John Dallas is a Partner in the Energy & Natural Resources and Projects & Infrastructure Groups. He has extensive experience advising sponsors, lenders and developers on the financing and construction of large scale infrastructure projects, particularly in the energy sector. John also advises on the acquisition and sale of large scale infrastructure projects and on joint ventures within the infrastructure sector. In addition, he advises on regulatory matters in the energy sector.
Areas of Expertise
- Financing and construction of large scale energy projects, including on-shore wind, biomass, waste-to-energy, solar, battery and hydro storage. Advised on the financing and construction of over 850MW of renewable energy projects.
- Large scale M&A transactions and joint ventures in the energy and infrastructure sector. Advised on the acquisition/sale of over 500MW of renewable energy projects.
- Financing and construction of private data centers including the project financing of EdgeConneX data center in Dublin.
- Engineering, construction operation and maintenance contracts in the infrastructure and energy sector including EPC, D&B and complex operating contracts for large scale energy and infrastructure projects.
- Energy regulation including advising sponsors and lenders on renewable energy support schemes and legislative requirements for the construction and operation of energy projects in Ireland.
- Complex commercial contracts across a broad variety of sectors including energy, infrastructure and outsourcing.
"Very commercial and has very good organisational skills in getting transactions closed." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"Very commercial and hard-working...he is a star of the future." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"Excellent at understanding the detail on the projects and is able to run processes very well." (Chambers Europe 2017)
"Hard-working and smart lawyer with a growing reputation in this field." (Chambers Europe 2014)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BSc, Queens University Belfast