John Dallas is a partner in the Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources and Projects groups. He has extensive experience advising sponsors, lenders and developers on the financing and construction of large scale infrastructure projects, particularly in the energy sector. John also advises on the acquisition and sale of large scale infrastructure projects and on joint ventures within the infrastructure sector. In addition, he advises on regulatory matters in the energy sector.
Areas of Expertise
Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Finance/Projects & Infrastructure/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Data Centres
- Financing and construction of large scale energy projects, including on-shore wind, biomass, waste-to-energy, solar, battery and hydro storage. Advised on the financing and construction of over 850MW of renewable energy projects.
- Large scale M&A transactions and joint ventures in the energy and infrastructure sector. Advised on the acquisition/sale of over 500MW of renewable energy projects.
- Financing and construction of private data centers including the project financing of EdgeConneX data center in Dublin.
- Engineering, construction operation and maintenance contracts in the infrastructure and energy sector including EPC, D&B and complex operating contracts for large scale energy and infrastructure projects.
- Energy regulation including advising sponsors and lenders on renewable energy support schemes and legislative requirements for the construction and operation of energy projects in Ireland.
- Complex commercial contracts across a broad variety of sectors including energy, infrastructure and outsourcing.
"Excellent knowledge of the renewable energy space and is very pleasant to work together with. Capable of finding and safeguarding the business logic in the legal challenges." (Legal 500 2020)
"An experienced practitioner best recognised for his work on the financing, acquisition and development of energy infrastructure projects". (Chambers Europe 2020)
"Excellent on construction/turbine contracts as well as the project finance deals." (Legal 500 2018)
"Very commercial and hard-working...he is a star of the future." (Chambers Europe 2018)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BSc, Queens University Belfast
Partner, Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources