Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources
A&L Goodbody's Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources team is unrivalled in the Irish and Northern Irish market. Our all-island team of specialist lawyers has decades of expertise, deep sectoral knowledge, and a commercial approach which combine to give clients the leading edge in the market. We ensure that our clients keep pace with market and regulatory developments so that they are well positioned to manage challenges and exploit market opportunities. We provide solution orientated advice to utilities, international energy companies, financial institutions, private equity, infrastructure funds, sponsors and government.
Our expertise includes Energy, Energy Utilities, Oil & Gas and Mining across the following areas:
- Irish and EU energy regulation
- Development of power projects including conventional, wind, solar, biomass, CHP, hydro and waste to energy
- Project finance and utilities finance
- Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources sector M&A and joint ventures
- New technologies including battery storage
- Power purchase, offtake and tolling arrangements and electricity and gas retail supply contracts
- Electricity and gas markets and trading
- Electricity and gas transmission, distribution and interconnectors
- Emissions trading, carbon reduction and CDM and JI projects
- Utilities and semi-state regulation and corporate governance
- Energy and Natural Resources sector property, planning and environmental matters and health and safety regulation
- Energy efficiency projects
- Upstream oil and gas exploration and operations authorisations, joint operating agreements, farm-in agreements, transportation and sales agreements
- Upstream oil and gas infrastructure
- Maritime law
- Mineral prospecting and extracting authorisations and ore sales agreements
- Environmental licensing and compliance and financial security
Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
on its acquisition of Royal Dutch Shell's 45% interest in the Corrib gas field.
on its joint venture arrangements with ESB to co-develop the proposed Oriel and Clogherhead offshore windfarms in Ireland.
The Irish Government/NewEra
on the disposal of the Bord Gáis Éireann energy business.
Bord Gáis Éireann
on its €500m acquisition of SWS Energy.
Barclays Bank and BNP Paribas
on its financing of the 500MW East West HVDC interconnector.
on the €500m Dublin Waste to Energy Facility.