Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources
A&L Goodbody's Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources team is unrivalled in the Irish and Northern Irish market. Our all-island team of specialist lawyers has decades of expertise, deep sectoral knowledge, and a commercial approach which combine to give clients the leading edge in the market. We ensure that our clients keep pace with market and regulatory developments so that they are well positioned to manage challenges and exploit market opportunities. We provide solution orientated advice to utilities, international energy companies, financial institutions, private equity, infrastructure funds, sponsors and government.
Our expertise includes the following:
- Development of power projects including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar, biomass, CHP, hydro and waste to energy
- Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources sector M&A and joint ventures
- Project finance and utilities finance
- New technologies including battery storage
- Renewable gas and biomass projects
- Interconnector development and financing
- Power purchase, offtake and tolling arrangements and electricity and gas retail supply contracts
- Irish and EU energy regulation
- Electricity and gas markets and trading
- Electricity and gas transmission, distribution and interconnectors
- Emissions trading, carbon reduction and CDM and JI projects
- Utilities and semi-state regulation and corporate governance
- Energy, infrastructure and natural resources sector property, planning and environmental matters and health and safety regulation
- Energy efficiency projects
- Upstream oil and gas exploration and operations authorisations, joint operating agreements, farm-in agreements, transportation and sales agreements
- Maritime law
- Mineral prospecting and extracting authorisations and ore sales agreements
- Environmental licensing and compliance and financial security
Oriel Windfarm Limited (a joint venture between Parkwind NV and ESB)
in relation to the development of the 370MW Oriel offshore windfarm and for Parkwind on its joint venture with ESB for the development of the 800MW Clogherhead offshore windfarm.
in relation to the development of the proposed 1.45GW Codling offshore windfarm.
advising the lending syndicate in relation to the separate financings of the 700MW Celtic Interconnector project, the 500MW Greenlink Interconnector project and the 500MW East West Interconnector project.
on the development, financing and two separate portfolio sales of c. 700MW of onshore wind projects.
in relation to its acquisition of a majority interest in DP Energy's 3GW offshore wind portfolio pipeline.
The syndicate of lenders
in two separate portfolio solar financings including corporate PPA and RESS PPA structures.