Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources: Experience
- Oriel Windfarm Limited (a joint venture between Parkwind NV and ESB) in relation to the development of the 370MW Oriel offshore windfarm and for Parkwind on its joint venture with ESB for the development of the 800MW Clogherhead offshore windfarm.
- Iberdrola in relation to its acquisition of a majority interest in DP Energy's 3GW offshore wind portfolio pipeline.
- Codling windfarm in relation to the development of the proposed 1.45GW Codling offshore windfarm.
- Oriel windfarm on the development of the proposed 370MW Oriel offshore windfarm.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTTP) on the Irish aspects of its joint venture with Corio (Green Investment Group) in relation to a portfolio of offshore wind projects. The portfolio included a Phase 1 Project in Ireland, namely the proposed 400MW Sceird Rocks project.
- General Electric subsidiary (Arklow Energy Limited) on the Arklow Bank project, the first offshore wind farm in Ireland and the only operational offshore wind project in Ireland to date.
- EDF Renewables Ireland in relation to its joint venture with Simply Blue in relation to two floating offshore wind projects in Ireland with a proposed combined capacity of 2.65GW.
- Developers, investors and lenders in over 4GW of onshore wind developments.
- Invis Energy on the development, financing and two separate portfolio sales of c. 700MW of onshore wind projects.
- Invis Energy in relation to the development and project financing of the 115MW Ardderroo windfarm in Co. Galway.
- The Lenders (the European Investment Bank, BNP Paribas Fortis S.A./N.V., AIB and MUFG Bank) in relation to the project financing of the Oweninny Phase 1 and Phase 2 Windfarm which will have an aggregate installed capacity of 172MW.
- European Investment Bank (EIB) in relation to their finance contracts with the borrower (a subsidiary of Bord Na Mona) and inter-creditor matters arising in respect of EIB's participation in the financing of the 75.6MW Cloncreen windfarm.
- Syndicate of lenders (AIB, Natixis, Banco de Sabadell, S.A., Export Development Canada and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) in relation to the portfolio financing of 18 onshore windfarm projects with an aggregate installed capacity of in excess of 361MW.
- Blackrock in relation to its acquisition of four Irish operating windfarms (Acres, Barranafaddock, Knockaneden and Ballagh).
- ESB in relation to the establishment FuturEnergy, a strategic renewable energy joint venture with Coillte to deliver up to 1,000MW of renewable energy by 2030 (Project Pearl).
- Syndicate of three international lenders (Nord, BBVA and Rabobank) on the financing of the Cloosh Valley 105MW windfarm developed as a joint venture between Coillte and a large international utility.
- Aker Horizons AS in relation to the acquisition of a 75% stake in Mainstream Renewable Power for €1bn.
- The syndicate of lenders in the portfolio solar PV financing of three projects benefitting from a framework corporate PPA.
- AIB and La Banque Postale, the lenders, in relation to the acquisition financing and project financing of a solar project of up to 250MW.
- A club of Lenders on the financing of an 84MWp solar PV project, supported by a contract for difference with a major US tech company.
- The Lender on a portfolio financing of five ground mounted solar PV projects, which will benefit from separate corporate PPAs each with a manufacturer of medical devices.
- Gresham House in relation to the acquisition of the Monvallet solar project, an 185MW solar project in County Louth.
- Statkraft Ireland Limited in relation to the purchase of a 300MW solar portfolio in Ireland from JBM Solar, a UK private equity backed solar developer.
- Vitol Holding in relation to the acquisition of a majority interest in a proposed 100MW solar project in Ireland from the Lumcloon Energy group.
- For the vendors on the sale of a portfolio of six solar PV projects with an aggregate capacity of c. 97.5MW.
- A syndicate of Irish and international lenders (AIB, Mizuho Bank, CaixaBank, DZ Bank AG, Lloyds Bank plc, Siemens Bank GmbH, and Societe Generale) to the 500MW Greenlink Interconnector Project.
- The Lenders (EIB, Danske Bank A/S, BNP Paribas S.A., Dublin Branch and Barclays Ireland Bank) in relation to the development of the 700MW Celtic Interconnector Project.
- Foresight Group in relation to the acquisition of a significant majority stake in the MaresConnect Interconnector, a proposed 750MW electricity interconnector linking the power systems of Ireland and the UK.
- The lenders in relation to the €600m financing of the East-West Interconnector.
- Barclays Bank and BNP Paribas in relation to the €300m+ financing of the 500MW East West HVDC interconnector in the Irish Sea.
- NIE in relation to Moyle Interconnector, ALG Belfast office led the planning process involving environmental impact assessment issues regarding the development of the Moyle Interconnector.
Waste to Energy and Renewable Gas
- The syndicate of lenders in relation to the financing and subsequent refinancing of the Dublin Waste to Energy PPP Project.
- Nephin Energy in relation to its investment a portfolio of greenfield renewable gas projects.
- An investor/developer in relation to a proposed waste to value facility.
- The lenders in relation to the first commercial biodiesel facility in Ireland.
- SDCL in relation to its proposed investment into a large scale biomass facility.
- Energia Group on the development, financing and construction of a waste to energy facility in Dublin.
- Echelon Datacentres in relation to the €1bn development and financing of two data centres - Clondalkin in Dublin and Arklow, Co Wicklow involving the development and construction of a large scale onsite multi-fuel generation plant.
- SDCL on the development of the Grange Backup power project, a large-scale gas power station providing capacity to a local data centre facility.
- Equinix Hyperscale 1 (DB5) Limited in relation to the acquisition from Equinix of the DB5 42MW data centre at Blanchardstown Business and Technology Park, Dublin including a large scale onsite generation facility.
- Vantage Datacentres in relation to energy supply arrangements for a large scale datacentre facility at Clondalkin, Dublin.
- Energy Developer on the development of an energy centre for a large scale datacentre campus in the east of Ireland.
- Vitol Group on the acquisition of the Lumcloon and Shannonbridge projects, a 200MW portfolio of operational battery storage projects in Ireland.
- Kilpaddoge Green Energy Limited on the development of two battery storage projects in Ireland.
- Element Power (now Statkraft) in relation to its joint venture arrangements with private developers for the development of a number of battery storage and rotating stabiliser projects in Co. Kerry.
- Bord Gáis Energy on the Irish law aspects of the proposed EPC contract for a battery storage project.
- Scotts Electrical in relation to the EPC contracts for four 50MW battery storage projects developed by Fluence in GB.
- Energia Group in relation to the development of up to 100MW of battery storage in Northern Ireland.
- The lenders to AES Kilroot on the financing of the first battery storage project on the island of Ireland.
Power Purchase Agreements (including Corporate PPAS)
- Invis Energy in relation to two separate corporate power purchase agreements with Amazon.
- A global tech company in relation to two separate corporate power purchase agreements with a windfarm and a solar generation project.
- The lenders financing a portfolio of projects with green corporate offtake and green retail supply arrangements.
- The lenders financing a portfolio of solar projects with corporate PPA offtake arrangements with a global technology company.
- A major utility in relation to its power purchase agreement portfolio (including REFIT, RESS and ORESS).
- A major onshore windfarm development on its portfolio of over 700MW power purchase agreements (including supplier lite and corporate PPA arrangements).
- A global fast food retailer on its power purchase arrangements for its franchise base.
- A datacentre developer on green electricity and gas power purchase arrangements.