Ross Moore is a partner and Head of A&L Goodbody's Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources group. He is recognised as one of Ireland's leading energy and projects practitioners. Uniquely he combines his specialism as a banking lawyer in project finance transactions with extensive contractual experience on PPP, renewable and conventional energy projects and specialism in regulatory advice in respect of the electricity, gas and renewable energy markets. Ross also specialises in utility and semi-State energy and infrastructure transactions as well as energy and infrastructure sector M&A and joint ventures.
Areas of Expertise
Finance/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Projects & Infrastructure/Construction & Engineering/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /ESG and Sustainability
- Project finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors, including the €250m Limerick Tunnel.
- PPP Project, the €500m Dublin Waste to Energy PPP, the €500m East West Interconnector Project and over €3bn in energy sector project financings.
- Energy and infrastructure development, construction and operations contracts, from renewable and conventional power plants through to transport and accommodation PPPs and concessions.
- Energy regulation and electricity/ gas markets, including advising lenders, developers and utilities in respect of renewable energy support schemes and the implementation of I-SEM.
- Large scale M&A transactions and joint ventures in the energy and infrastructure space, including the Government on its disposal of Bord Gáis Éireann, Scottish and Southern Energy in relation to the c. €1.8bn acquisition of Airtricity Holdings and EirGrid on its acquisition of SONI.
- Upstream Gas projects including advising on regulatory and contractual issues in respect of the acquisition of Shell's interests in the Corrib gas field and advising a purchaser of an interest in the Seven Heads gas field.
- Downstream oil and gas, including advising on terminalling and fuel supply arrangements at Dublin Port and Dublin Airport.
- Energy efficiency projects, including advising on the establishment of the Irish Energy Efficiency Fund and energy upgrade and outsourcing projects.
- Mining transactions, including the disposal by Anglo American of the Lisheen Zinc Mine and other acquisition of onshore mining interests.
"He goes the extra mile to help you get the deal done, and has the patience and discipline to guide you through it". (Chambers Europe 2020)
"Ross is one of the most experienced and active lawyers in the energy market...a rockstar on the regulatory side." (Chambers Europe 2019)
"Has excellent knowledge of regulation and the project finance market." (Legal 500 2018)
"One of the top practitioners in the sector, with extensive projects, financing and transactional experience…clients praise the breadth of his regulatory knowledge." (Chambers Europe 2015)
Ross is the author of the Irish chapter of Sweet & Maxwell’s publication "Energy Law in the European Union."
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BA, Trinity College Dublin
Partner, Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources