Laura Kennedy is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Laura specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate restructurings, corporate governance and commercial advisory matters. She advises a wide range of domestic and international corporations, both public and private and for private equity funds and financial institutions, with significant operations in Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Venture Capital & Growth Equity /Companies Act 2014
- Ulster Bank and NatWest Group on the sale of the Lombard asset finance business to Permanent TSB
- The owners of an Irish regulated fund management company on its co-investment with a UK private equity firm.
- The senior management team co-investing with Star Capital on the acquisition of ASL Aviation Group.
- Spectrum Equity on its co-investment with management to acquirement the Digital Marketing Group.
- Teleflex Inc. on multiple European acquisitions.
- Investec on the sale of their Wealth & Investment business to Brewin Dolphin.
- eir on the €300m sale of its masts business to Phoenix Towers International.
- Permira on its investment in portfolio company Informatica.
- Avantcard in relation to its acquisition of Tesco's Irish credit card business.
- Endo Health Solutions on its $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and related Corporate Inversion into Ireland; its subsequent acquisition of Auxilium for $2.6bn and of Par Pharmaceuticals for $8.05bn, together with its capital markets fund raising of $2bn and its debt note offering of $1.5bn.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- MSc in Project Management, UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin
- BBLS (Bachelor of Business and Law), University College Dublin
Partner, Corporate and M&A