Laura Kennedy is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Laura specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate restructurings, corporate governance and commercial advisory matters. She advises a wide range of domestic and international corporations, both public and private and for private equity funds and financial institutions, with significant operations in Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
- Ulster Bank and NatWest Group on the sale of the Lombard asset finance business to Permanent TSB
- The owners of an Irish regulated fund management company on its co-investment with a UK private equity firm.
- The senior management team co-investing with Star Capital on the acquisition of ASL Aviation Group.
- Spectrum Equity on its co-investment with management to acquirement the Digital Marketing Group.
- Teleflex Inc. on multiple European acquisitions.
- Investec on the sale of their Wealth & Investment business to Brewin Dolphin.
- eir on the €300m sale of its masts business to Phoenix Towers International.
- Permira on its investment in portfolio company Informatica.
- Avantcard in relation to its acquisition of Tesco's Irish credit card business.
- Endo Health Solutions on its $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and related Corporate Inversion into Ireland; its subsequent acquisition of Auxilium for $2.6bn and of Par Pharmaceuticals for $8.05bn, together with its capital markets fund raising of $2bn and its debt note offering of $1.5bn.
"Excellent all-round performer. Provided excellent advice, shows great patience and seeks innovative and positive solutions." (IFLR1000 2023)
"Incredibly responsive. Great at providing summary notes that avoid excessive legal language. Great attention to detail and potential implications of legal documents." (IFLR1000 2023)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- MSc in Project Management, UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin
- BBLS (Bachelor of Business and Law), University College Dublin