Laura Mulleady is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A practice, specialising in insurance. Her practice is focused on advising domestic and cross-border insurers, reinsurers, captives and intermediaries on all aspects of non-contentious insurance and reinsurance regulation and transactions. In recent times, Laura has been particularly involved in business transfers and amalgamations involving insurers and reinsurers and in advising on Brexit-related projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Ongoing advice to several major UK insurers and reinsurers on Brexit-related solutions.
- Zurich Insurance Group on various restructurings and on the disposal of non-core insurance businesses.
- Carlyle Cardinal on its acquisition of AA Ireland Limited and subsidiaries from AA Corporation Limited.
- Talanx on the conversion of its Irish reinsurer to a European company (SE).
- Motorola on the domestic amalgamation (under the Companies Act 2014) of its Irish captive insurer and reinsurer.
- Guardian Financial Services on the acquisition of Ark Life.
- HSBC Group on the regulatory aspects of the sale of its Irish non-life insurance and reinsurance business to Catalina Foxtrot.
- Lloyds Banking Group on the closure and transfer of the businesses of its Shannon-based life and non-life insurance operations to two UK group companies.
- XL Group on the first combined portfolio transfer and cross-border merger ever conducted in Ireland and on several subsequent SE formations and other large projects.
- Numerous other insurers and reinsurers on portfolio transfer, restructurings, domestic and cross-border mergers.
"Recommended Lawyer." (Legal 500 2017)
"A safe pair of hands and gets deals done." (Chambers Europe 2017)
"Very good - quick to deal with any issue that is thrown up and easy to work with." (Chambers Europe 2016)
"One of the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance lawyers." (Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance 2016)
Laura has had several articles on various insurance topics published and has also lectured and presented on a range of insurance topics over the last number of years.
- AITI, Irish Tax Institute, (non-practising)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL (European), University College Dublin