Laura Mulleady is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate practice, specialising in Insurance & Reinsurance. Her practice is focused on advising domestic and cross-border insurers, reinsurers, captives and intermediaries on all aspects of non-contentious insurance and reinsurance regulation and transactions. Laura is also the Head of A&L Goodbody's ESG & Sustainability Steering Group and she regularly presents to insurance industry clients on ESG and sustainability-related topics. Laura was named in the global list 'IFLR1000 Women Leaders' 2022 and 2023.
Areas of Expertise
- Zurich Insurance plc and Zurich Life Assurance plc on various restructurings, business transfers and on the disposal of non-core insurance businesses.
- Liberty Mutual on the cross border merger of its Irish insurer into the group's Spanish insurer and on the Irish aspects of its acquisition of AmTrust's global surety business.
- AON on the establishment of an insurance intermediary including the application and business plan to be submitted to the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Bupa on the establishment and authorisation of an international health insurer in Ireland.
- Several major UK and Irish insurers and intermediaries on Brexit-related solutions.
- Carlyle Cardinal on its acquisition and subsequent disposal of AA Ireland Limited.
- Numerous (re)insurers on Solvency II-related matters, including on ancillary own funds applications and major outsourcing projects.
- Numerous (re)insurers and intermediaries on all aspects of their engagements with the Central Bank of Ireland.
- A major domestic insurer on Covid-19 business interruption insurance – related matters.
- Numerous (re)insurers on portfolio transfers, restructurings, domestic and cross-border mergers and topical ESG & Sustainability-related matters.
"Laura Mulleady is very experienced, reliable, adaptable and solution focussed." (Legal 500 2023)
"Laura Mulleady is reliable and highly responsive, as well as pragmatic and commercial." (Chambers Europe 2023)
"A trusted and valued advisor. Laura has a practical and commercial approach and is highly responsive, pro-active and engaging." (Legal 500 2022)
"A go-to partner on regulatory matters. She has extremely good judgement and excels in identifying issues which will be of concern to regulators and advising clients on how best to navigate their course to achieve their goals." (Legal 500 2021)
Laura has had several articles on various insurance topics published and has also lectured and presented in Ireland and abroad on a range of insurance topics over the last number of years.
- AITI, Irish Tax Institute, (non-practising)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL (European), University College Dublin