Maria McElhinney is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance Department and is based in our New York office. Maria's practice focuses on a broad range of banking law aspects including corporate and acquisition financing, asset financing (property and aircraft), loan acquisitions and disposals and general banking for both international and domestic clients. Maria has advised many of the world's leading financial institutions, aircraft leasing organisations and private investors on transactions involving the financing, acquisition and securitisation of assets.
Areas of Expertise
- Ulster Bank/RBS on the sale of a number of loan portfolios.
- Dalata Hotel Group in connection with its €300m financing of its acquisition of the Moran Bewley Hotels.
- AerGen on its establishment in Ireland and in its recent warehouse credit facilities and asset backed securitisation.
- Deutsche Bank in its capacity as arranger for the Elix Aviation Capital asset backed securitisation.
- An innovative and complex debt restructure facilitated by Highbridge tendering to Pernix Ireland Pain.
- Leading financial institutions on all aspects of corporate lending and structured financing for aircraft, real estate and other asset types.
- The financing of the acquisition by KKR of Q Park.
- Dalata in the negotiation of a new €525m Irish law facility, completing the refinance of its existing facilities.
- GECAS and Start Ltd on the latest START 2018-1 asset backed securitisation.
- MAPS 2018-1 on their asset back securitisation.
"Highly Regarded." (IFLR1000 2020)
"An Irish expert based in New York." (Chambers Global 2020)
"A recommended lawyer." (Legal 500 2019)
"Next Generation Lawyer." (Legal 500 2017)
Maria has lectured on the Law Society of Ireland's Diploma in Aviation Leasing & Finance and Diploma in Finance Law, as well as on the Diploma in International Financial Services Law at University College Dublin.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- New York State Bar, Attorney
- BBLS, University College Dublin