Mark Thompson is a Corporate and M&A partner in A&L Goodbody's Belfast office. Mark is widely experienced in company/commercial law, with particular sectoral experience in the areas of energy and natural resources, healthcare, media, intellectual property and technology law. Mark’s corporate practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and management buyouts and strategic advice.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Projects & Infrastructure/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Hospitals & Healthcare/Commercial & Technology/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Intellectual Property/Commercial & Technology
- Viridian Power and Energy Limited on its acquisition and growth strategy.
- Platina Partners on the £100m acquisition of Slieve Rushen, a 54MW windfarm.
- The Irish Football Association in respect of the redevelopment of the National Football Stadium.
- Investec in respect of the development of a biomass power station.
- Bord Gáis in relation to Seegronan Windfarm Ltd.
- 3fivetwo Healthcare on the acquisition of Kingsbridge Private Hospital Ltd and St Joseph's Hospital, Sligo.
- Brookfield Renewable Ireland Limited on the acquisition of Tyrone Wind Ltd.
- The Irish Football Association on commercial agreements with Adidas, Ladbrokes, JD Sports and other partners.
- The Agri-food and Biosciences Institute on its commercial agreements.
"Mark Thompson's longstanding experience in the transactional field earns him the acclaim of market commentators." (Chambers UK 2020)
"Sources praise his ability to "think outside the box to find innovative solutions."" (Chambers UK 2019)
"Mark Thompson is praised by clients for his "experience and clout in the market," as well as for being "user-friendly and client-oriented."" (Chambers UK 2018)
"Excellent, knowledgeable solicitor, Mark Thompson is a widely respected corporate lawyer." (Chambers UK 2016)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England & Wales
- PG Dip., College of Law Chester
- PG Cert., Queens University Belfast
- MA, Aberdeen