Richard is a partner and Head of A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Richard specialises in public and private M&A, shareholder arrangements, Corporate Restructurings, NPL Portfolio Sales, Company Law, Corporate Governance and Commercial and Contractual Arrangements. He advises leading Irish, international, public and private companies, equity funds and financial institutions with significant operations in Ireland across a broad range of legal, regulatory, commercial and financial affairs.
Areas of Expertise
- Allied Irish Banks plc in relation to its proposed acquisition of Goodbody Stockbrokers, subject to required regulatory approvals.
- Immedis Limited on its $50m equity investment from Lead Edge Partners.
- Cardinal Carlyle Ireland Fund in relation to its disposal of AA Ireland.
- Cardinal Carlyle Ireland Fund in relation to its disposal of Carroll Cuisine.
- Henderson Park on its €1.36bn acquisition of Green Reit plc.
- The shareholders of KN Networks Group Limited on the sale of the KN Group to the Circet Group.
- CPPIB on its €830m acquisition of Shell's interest in the Corrib Gas Field.
- Volpi Capital, a UK private equity fund, on its €90m equity investment in Version 1.
- Transfermate on its €50m equity investment from ING and Allied Irish Banks plc.
- Sumitomo Corporation on its €751m acquisition of Fyffes.
"Really good to deal with, commercial and very reasonable." (Chambers Global 2022)
"Very responsive and anticipates the problems that may come up." (Chambers Global 2021)
"Takes a practical approach to find solutions and navigate complex issues." (Chambers Global 2019)
"Superb transaction lawyer. Knows the market intimately, great negotiator and draftsman." (IFLR1000 2019)
- Solicitor, England & Wales,
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin