Richard is a Partner within the Corporate and M&A practice and specialises in M&A, Equity Capital Markets Transactions and ongoing advices, shareholder arrangements, Corporate Restructurings, Company Law, Corporate Governance and Commercial and Contractual Arrangements. He advises leading Irish, international, public and private companies, equity funds and financial institutions with significant operations in Ireland across a broad range of legal, regulatory, commercial and financial affairs.
Areas of Expertise
- CPPIB on its proposed €830m acquisition of Shell's interest in the Corrib Gas Field.
- Volpi Capital, a UK private equity fund, on its €90m equity investment in Version 1.
- Transfermate on its €30m equity investment from Allied Irish Banks plc.
- Sumitomo Corporation on its €751m acquisition of Fyffes.
- Verizon Communications on its acquisition of FleetMatics Group for $2.4bn (European Corporate Deal of the Year - The Lawyer 2017).
- Blackrock Investment Management (UK) on their acquisitions of the Knockaneaden, Acres and Barnafaddock wind farms.
- Allied Irish Bank plc on its disposal of the Project Cypress loan portfolio.
- AIG on its acquisition of Laya Healthcare.
- Setanta Sports Broadcasting on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Setanta Sports Channel Ireland to Eir.
- Ulster Bank on its sale of the Project Oyster loan portfolio.
"Recommended Lawyer." (Legal 500 2018)
"Extremely practical and very accessible lawyer with great client skills and attention to detail." (Chambers Global 2018)
- Solicitor, England & Wales,
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin