Richard is a Partner in the Firm's Corporate and M&A practice and has extensive experience in public and private M&A, private equity, equity capital markets, joint ventures, corporate governance and general corporate and commercial advisory work. Richard advises Irish and international public and private companies and investors across a range of industry sectors. Before joining A&L Goodbody, Richard spent a number of years in the Corporate department of a Magic Circle law firm in London.
Areas of Expertise
- Ethoca on its acquisition by Mastercard
- NTMA on its investment in ATA Tools
- JBS on its $1.3bn sale of Moy Park to Pilgrim's Pride
- Bertram Capital on its acquisition of the Anord group of companies
- Heaven Hill Brands on its $165m acquisition of the Carolans and Irish Mist brands from Campari
- Johnson Controls on its $20bn merger with Tyco
- Adient on various matters including its $5bn spin-off from Johnson Controls
- Allianz on its acquisition of 33.5% of Allianz-Irish Life Holdings for €160m
- A range of companies on confidential governance, shareholder activism and company law matters.