Richard is a Partner in the Firm's Corporate and M&A practice and has extensive experience in public and private M&A, equity capital markets, joint ventures, corporate governance and general corporate and commercial advisory work. Richard advises Irish and international public and private companies and investors across a range of industry sectors. Before joining A&L Goodbody, Richard spent a number of years in the Corporate department of a Magic Circle law firm in London.
Areas of Expertise
- JBS on its $1.3bn sale of Moy Park to Pilgrim's Pride.
- Heaven Hill Brands on its $165m acquisition of the Carolans and Irish Mist brands from Campari.
- Johnson Controls on its $20bn merger with Tyco.
- Adient on various matters including its $5bn spin-off from Johnson Controls.
- Allianz on its acquisition of 33.5% of Allianz-Irish Life Holdings for €160m.
- A range of companies on confidential governance, shareholder activism and company law matters.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- LL.B, Trinity College Dublin