Stephen Quinlivan is a partner in the firm's Corporate department and part of the mergers & acquisitions (M&A) group. Stephen also works very closely with the firm's Insurance department on a range of corporate insurance matters, in particular insurance sector M&A and international re-organisations for insurance groups. Stephen is also a very experienced private equity lawyer and advises a number of the firm's key PE clients on fund level matters, acquisitions, disposals, joint venture arrangements and MIPs. Stephen's key areas of expertise include general M&A transactions, insurance M&A, private equity, group restructurings, cross-border mergers, cross-border conversions, loan portfolio sales, insurance policy portfolio sales, public takeovers, shareholders agreements and share incentive schemes.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Insurance M&A/Insurance & Reinsurance /Private Equity/Corporate Advisory & Company Law/Venture Capital & Growth Equity /ESG and Sustainability
- Arthur J Gallagher on its entry into the Irish market in 2022 via the acquisition of Innovu insurance and further bolt on acquisitions.
- Corten Capital on its joint venture arrangements in connection with its acquisition of EKCO.
- Madison Dearborn and Ardonagh on their acquisition of Arachas Insurance, including joint venture and MIP arrangements.
- Tesco Ireland on the acquisition of Joyce's Supermarket Group.
- Blackstone Infrastructure Partners and other consortium members on the acquisition of Applegreen plc by way of public takeover.
- AXA/XL on cross-border mergers of AXA Art Versicherung AG (Germany) and AXA Corporate Solutions Assurance (France) into XL Insurance Company SE.
- Liberty Insurance Ireland in relation to the migration of its Irish authorised general insurance business, by way of a court sanctioned portfolio transfer and cross-border merger, to Liberty Seguros Spain.
- The Aegon Group on the sale of its Irish life insurance business, Aegon Ireland plc, to Athora/Apollo.
- The Achmea Group on the sale of its Irish life insurance and pensions business, Friends First Life Auurance Company DAC to Aviva.
- Goldman Sachs on the sale of its Irish portfolio hotel business, Tifco, to Apollo.