Public and Regulatory
Our Public & Regulatory team is experienced in providing EU, UK/NI and general regulatory advice in a wide range of sectors including energy, transport, food & drink, pharmaceuticals and media.
We have extensive knowledge of regulatory developments in the EU and UK/NI and frequently advise clients on its commercial impact. Our advice spans:
- Initiating and defending Judicial Review proceedings
- Regulatory investigations and notifications with regulators and quasi-public sector bodies including the FCA, ASA, ICO, HMRC, HSE, CMA, Utility Regulator, Ofgem as well as central government departments
- Assistance with the prosecuting and defending of breaches by Enforcement proceedings including attendance at Dawn Raids
- Public Inquiries and Statutory Appeals
- Trade and Regulation advice on a multi-jurisdictional basis including compliance with export regimes
- Market investigations and reviews
- Regulatory matters affecting commercial transactions and M&A
on a range of public law matters and contract management advice.
A number of clients
in taking Judicial Reviews against Departmental decisions.
A number of energy clients
on challenges, including Judicial Review and statutory reviews against Ofgem.
Dalata Hotel Group
on compliance with EU & regulatory issues in Northern Ireland.
Private sector clients
on exports and sanctions regimes.
Food, Drink & Agri clients
on compliance with EU Food Labelling requirements.