Alan Casey is a partner and Head of A&L Goodbody's Corporate department. He advises leading Irish and multi-national public and private companies across a broad range of Mergers & Acquisitions, Governance and Equity Capital Markets issues. Alan has extensive experience in cross-border transactions, particularly in public M&A and ECM mandates and has advised on many of the largest corporate transactions in Irish history. Alan's practice also involves advising boards of public companies on shareholder activism mandates and other governance mandates. Alan was previously Head of A&L Goodbody's New York office for a number of years and is listed as a Leading Lawyer in both M&A and Equity Capital Markets by several publications including IFLR1000, Chambers Global and Legal 500.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Capital Markets – Equity/PLC Advisory & Governance/Corporate migrations to Ireland and de-SPAC M&A/Corporate Advisory & Company Law/Investing in Ireland/Commercial Contracts
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals on its $267m takeover of Strongbridge Biopharma plc.
- Perrigo Company plc on its successful defence of the $27bn hostile offer by Mylan N.V., its $2.7bn sale of Tysabri to Royalty Pharma and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Morgan Stanley, as AbbVie's lead financial advisor and lender, in connection with AbbVie's proposed $63bn acquisition of Allergan.
- Osmotica Pharmaceuticals, now RVL Pharmaceuticals, on its migration from Luxembourg, IPO on NASDAQ and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Iterum Therapeutics plc on its IPO on NASDAQ, its various debt and equity financings and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Adient plc on its $5bn spin-off from Johnson Controls plc and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Johnson Controls Inc. on its $20bn merger with Tyco plc.
- Pfizer on its proposed $160bn merger with Allergan plc.
- Medtronic Inc. on its $49bn acquisition of Covidien plc and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Prothena Corporation plc on its spin-off from elan, several NASDAQ equity raises totalling over $400m and as its standing Irish law counsel.
- Endo International plc on its $2.6bn acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals and its $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and as its standing Irish law counsel.
"Highly regarded lawyer." (IFLR1000 2020)
"Very practical adviser who provides solutions." (Chambers Global 2018)
"Leading Lawyer" (Legal500)
Alan is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and the American Bar Association and is a contributor to many publications on private and public company M&A and securities laws.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin