Amelia O'Beirne is a Tax Partner in the firm's Dublin office. She has extensive experience of advising domestic and international clients on the tax aspects of corporate restructurings, complex cross border financing transactions, US multinational tax planning, mergers and acquisitions. She advises a broad base of clients in various business sectors, including insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, investment funds, banking and aircraft leasing.
Areas of Expertise
- Nabriva Therapeutics on the redomicile of its holding company from Austria to Ireland and its listing on NASDAQ.
- Johnson Controls Inc. on its $20bn merger with Tyco plc and the subsequent spin-off of its automotive business to a separate NYSE listed entity (Adient plc).
- Pfizer on its proposed $160bn merger with Allergan.
- Towers Watson on its merger with Willis Group.
- Endo International on its agreement to acquire Par Pharmaceuticals Holdings, in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $8bn.
- Medtronic on its $49bn acquisition of Covidien.
- Hibernia REIT on its acquisition of its investment manager, WK Nowlan REIT Management.
- Private equity firms on the acquisition of aircraft assets.
- Investec Bank on the disposal of Start Mortgages.
- AIG on its sale of International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC) to AerCap.