Gareth Walls is a Partner and Head of the A&L Goodbody's Employment group in Belfast. Gareth represents a number of local, national and international brands in business support, strategic workforce planning and high profile tribunal matters. He also has significant experience advising stakeholders on complex redundancy, re-structuring and TUPE issues. Gareth is an accomplished commercial litigator with particular emphasis on procurement challenges and injunctive relief in the Employment context, as well as being a sought after speaker on Employment issues in Northern Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
Employment/Litigation & Dispute Resolution/Betting, Gaming & Liquor Licensing/Corporate Immigration Services
- Netflix on first registration with the Equality Commission and employment/trade union engagement in Northern Ireland.
- Jose Cuervo on its acquisition of the Old Bushmills Distillery and all related employment law matters.
- Allstate NI on matters of corporate governance and tribunal representation.
- Marks and Spencer on a range of Tribunal matters to include grievance and disciplinary process handling.
- CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) Global on its first entry to Northern Ireland on all employment, immigration and regulatory compliance matters.
- Hastings Hotel Group on all employment law matters in Northern Ireland and modern slavery compliance.
- Citi Group on contentious and non-contentious employment law matters including disciplinary and grievance processes.
"Gareth Walls is a very attentive and trusted advisor who takes the time to understand our values." (Legal 500 UK 2023)
"Gareth Walls in employment has been outstanding throughout the year." (Legal 500 UK 2023)
"He is highly skilled in all relevant legal issues and this sits alongside his warm, friendly approach and outstanding interpersonal skills." (Chambers UK 2023)
"He clearly demonstrates his knowledge and expertise, understands our business and supports us in making commercial and pragmatic decisions." (Chambers UK 2023)
Gareth is a member of the Employment Lawyers Group and is the Northern Ireland representative for the Employment Law Alliance. He is a Council Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association. In addition, Gareth is a CEDR Accredited Mediator and a Law Society Panel Mediator.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- LLB (Hons), Sheffield University