Keavy Ryan is a Partner within Corporate and M&A and specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, company law, corporate governance, and commercial and contractual arrangements. She advises leading Irish and international, public and private companies, equity funds and financial institutions, with significant operations in Ireland across a broad range of legal, regulatory, commercial and financial affairs.
Keavy also manages the firm's equity benefits group. Keavy advises on all aspects of share incentives including the treatment of share incentives in M&A transactions and corporate governance, regulatory and shareholder issues arising from the establishment and operation of share plans and executive remuneration programs.
Keavy is a member of the firm's Talent Group and is responsible for the firm's Trainee Solicitor and Intern Programme. Keavy is also a member of our German Group and is a fluent German speaker.
Keavy has significant experience as an in-house lawyer having completed secondments (once as acting general counsel) with two major multinational IT and telecommunications entities with a presence in Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Investing in Ireland/Employment, Pensions & Incentives/Commercial Contracts/Incentives
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (TNSC) and its subsidiary Matheson Tri-Gas (MTG) on the Irish aspects of the acquisition of Praxair's European industrial gas business for approximately €5bn.
- The shareholders of NOONAN on its sale to Bidvest.
- Nabriva Therapeutics on the redomicile of its Holding Company from Austria to Ireland and its listing on NASDAQ.
- The shareholders of cut-e Assessments Holdings Limited on the reorganisation of its group and the subsequent sale of the company to AON.
- Sumitomo Corporation on its €751m recommended takeover offer for Fyffes plc.
- Finance Ireland on investments by PIMCO and ISIF.
- Hella on the sale of its Irish business.
- Aviva in relation to the sale of Aviva Health to Irish Life.
- Oneview Healthcare on its €40m IPO and admission to the Official List of the Australian Securities Exchange.
- NAMA on the sale of the Project Arrow Portfolio.
"Keavy Ryan provides a very professional service, she is very engaged and as a client we have the sense that she is pro-active in considering our interests." (Legal 500 2021)
"Leading individual." (Legal 500 2019)
"Expansive knowledge of the effect of M&A on employee benefits." (Legal 500 2018)
"First class and knows how to get the right deal." (IFLR1000 2017)
Keavy sits on the executive council of the Irish ProShare Association and is at the forefront of the Irish ProShare Associations campaigns for legal reform in the areas of employee participation incentives. Keavy also regularly speaks and writes on share incentive issues in the Irish market at conferences, seminars and in the media.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LL.M. European Economic Law, Humboldt University, Berlin
- LL.B. Law and German, Trinity College, Dublin