Mark Ward is a Partner in the Firm's Corporate practice and Head of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A). Mark specialises in M&A, corporate governance, company law, corporate finance, private equity, joint ventures, venture capital, corporate restructurings, commercial contractual arrangements and corporate fundraisings. Mark's clients include public and private corporates, private equity, financial institutions and commercial enterprises generally. His work ranges from general advice on compliance, including corporate governance, to advice on transactions, restructurings and on commercial contract arrangements. Clients he advises generally include ICON plc, BGE, eir, Medtronic, ABP, Elavon, ervia and CPPIB.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Investing in Ireland/Commercial Contracts/Corporate Governance & Compliance/Capital Markets – Equity/Hospitals & Healthcare/Food, Drink & Agri
- ICON plc on its proposed $12bn acquisition of PRA Health Sciences.
- Brindley Healthcare Ltd on its sale to Orpea S.A.
- ICON plc, eir, ABP, Ervia, CPPIB, Google and Elavon on general commercial advises.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a stake in the Pro14 provincial rugby union league.
- Comcast on its acquisition of Irish cloud based telco Blueface in January 2020.
- CPPIB on its acquisition of Shell's interest in the Corrib Gas Field.
- Verizon Communications on its offer to acquire FleetMatics Group plc for $2.4bn. (European Corporate Deal of the Year - The Lawyer 2017)
- Link Asset Services on its strategic partnership with Leveris.
- Brookfield on the disposal of the Killhills and Knockacummer Wind Farms to Greencoat.
- GenCell Biosystems on its acquisition by Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- Pfizer on its proposed $160bn merger with Allergan plc.
- Bloomberg on its acquisition of PolarLake.
"A technically excellent lawyer and brilliant with clients...an outstanding track record." (Chambers Global 2018)
"An excellent lawyer to deal with...commercial and knows which points to press to do the best for his client." (Chambers Global 2017)
"A leading lawyer." (IFLR1000 2017)
"Very commercial and solution focused…he is well regarded by peers and clients alike." (Chambers Global 2015)
Mark has lectured at the Irish Law Society on contractual arrangements and has presented at a number of conferences, including conferences relating to mergers and acquisitions for high growth companies in the technology sector.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin