Nicholas Cole is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Disputes & Investigations group. His practice is focused on all aspects of commercial litigation and corporate crisis management including defamation, white collar crime, investigations, corporate fraud, and shareholder disputes. Nicholas is an exceptionally experienced commercial litigator, and has market-leading expertise in advising on complex contentious matters, particularly in the technology sector.
He acts for a broad range of clients including technology companies, broadcasters, public bodies, commercial banks, property funds, insurers, construction companies, commercial airlines and professional services firms.
Nicholas is also a skilled advocate having previously practised at the Bar. He has appeared before the Irish Courts at all levels of jurisdiction, and before regulatory bodies, arbitral tribunals, and statutory commissions.
Areas of Expertise
White Collar Crime/Insurance & Reinsurance /Corporate Reputation & Defamation/Financial Services Litigation/Property Litigation/Disputes/Investigations/Regulation of Lobbying
- Acting on behalf of a global technology company in a number of ongoing inquiries by the Data Protection Commissioner and related litigation
- Acting in the defence of over 300 proceedings before the Commercial Court concerning alleged mis-selling of financial products
- Acting on behalf of a global technology company in the defence of an application for injunctive relief seeking to override the company’s terms of service and policies
- Acting on behalf of a global social media company in Commercial Court proceedings concerning a multi-million euro dispute related to advertising payments
- Acting on behalf of one of Ireland's largest property funds in Commercial Court proceedings concerning the alleged liability of its professional advisors in connection with a very significant property development in central Dublin
- Advising the administrator of an insolvent Gibraltar-domiciled insurer regarding the management of thousands of insured claims and associated applications to the Insurance Compensation Fund
Rising Star for Litigation (IFLR 1000 Expert Guide 2022)
Nicholas writes and speaks regularly on commercial litigation, defamation and reputation management, corporate crisis management and related topics.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Attoryney-at-Law, Bar of the State of New York
- Master of Laws with Business, University of Pennsylvania Law School and Wharton Business School
- Barrister-at-Law, The Honorable Society of King's Inns
- Bachelor of Civil Law International, University College Dublin