Noeleen is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Employment Law Group with considerable experience advising domestic and international clients on all aspects of employment law and industrial relations matters. Noeleen advises clients across a broad range of sectors on contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including the defence of complex employment litigation and the conduct of internal HR processes. She also regularly advises corporate clients on large-scale projects, including reorganisations and restructurings, employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions and large scale outsourcing projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial institutions on the intersection between employment law and regulatory matters, including fitness and probity issues, disciplinary investigations, regulatory remuneration and the impact of CRD IV remuneration requirements on the payment of variable remuneration to identified staff.
- Clients on various contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including compliance with their employment law, health and safety and data protection obligations, the conduct of internal HR processes (including grievance, disciplinary, dignity at work and protected disclosure investigations) and the management of senior exits.
- On complex TUPE matters, including the employment aspects of loan sales, large scale outsourcing arrangements, assets sales, cross border mergers and portfolio transfers.
- Corporate clients on large scale reorganisation and re-structuring programmes, collective redundancies, change management and harmonisation programmes.
- Defending employers in complex and novel employment litigation before the Workplace Relations Commission and the High Court, including acting for clients in a number of High Court employment injunction applications.
'Recommended lawyer' (Legal 500 2022)
Noeleen has co-authored the Lexus Nexus publication “Doing Business in Ireland” and has contributed to a number of specialist employment law publications. Noeleen is a member of the European Employment Lawyers' Association and the Employment Lawyers Association of Ireland. She also regularly speaks at external industry events including Legal Island conferences and webinars and the Women's Executive Network Speaker Series.
- BA Dublin City University
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland Diploma in Employment Law