Ronan Lyons is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate and M&A Group, specialising in cross-border M&A, equity capital markets and corporate advisory work. Ronan advises many leading Irish and international companies on all aspects of Irish corporate and securities laws, across a range of industry sectors. Ronan has added a further dimension to his expertise by undertaking a secondment at the leading Chinese corporate law firm Jun He and is a member of A&L Goodbody's China Group. He is also very involved in the Firm's Talent Strategy and is the Partner with responsibility for the Firm's Trainee Solicitor Program.
Areas of Expertise
- JBS SA, on the $1.3bn sale of Moy Park.
- Nabriva Therapeutics on the redomicile of its Holding Company from Austria to Ireland, its listing on NASDAQ and its subsequent secondary fundraising.
- Malin Corporation on its €330m IPO on the Irish Stock Exchange and on multiple subsequent fundraisings and M&A transactions.
- Johnson Controls on its migration to Ireland and $20bn merger with Tyco.
- Perrigo Company on its successful defence of a $27bn hostile takeover attempt by Mylan N.V.
- Aralez Pharmaceuticals on setting up its Irish structure and the subsequent acquisition of various product rights, including Zontivity and Toprol-XL.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on its migration to Ireland and related $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and subsequent acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals for $2.6bn.
- élan on its formal sale process and Perrigo Company's recommended $8.6bn takeover offer and migration to Ireland. (Global M&A Deal of the Year 2014 - American Lawyer). élan on its successful defence of the hostile $6.7bn takeover offer by Royalty Pharma. élan in respect of the spin-off and related NASDAQ IPO of Prothena. élan on the merger of Elan Drug Technologies with Alkermes and subsequent IPO of Alkermes.
- élan on its $2bn asset disposal programme and its subsequent US$855m equity investment by Johnson & Johnson and related $500m investment.
- IBM on its acquisitions of Curam and of The Now Factory.
- Anglo American on the $308m sale of Lisheen Mine comprised in its $1.34bn sale of its zinc portfolio to Vedanta Resources.
"Recommended Lawyer." (Legal 500 2017)
"Ronan Lyons is an excellent lawyer." (IFLR1000 2017)
Ronan has been a contributor to publications on European M&A law and European securities law. He is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Cork