Ronan Lyons is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate and M&A Group, specialising in M&A, equity capital markets and corporate advisory work. Ronan advises many leading Irish and international companies on all aspects of Irish corporate and securities laws, across a range of industry sectors. Ronan has advised on many of the largest corporate transactions in Irish history, including for many leading international companies entering Ireland. Ronan also regularly advises Irish companies on shareholder activism defence matters and corporate governance issues. He is a member of the Firm's Talent Group and the Partner with responsibility for the Firm's Graduate Program. He is also a member of the Firm's China Group, having previously undertaken a secondment at a leading Chinese firm in Beijing.
Areas of Expertise
- Wuxi Biologics on the establishment of its new biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland and related €325m investment
- Nabriva Therapeutics on its acquisition of Zavante Therapeutics, the redomicile of Nabriva from Austria to Ireland, its listing on NASDAQ and subsequent equity fundraisings.
- JBS SA, on the $1.3bn sale of Moy Park to Pilgrim's Pride.
- Johnson Controls on its $20bn merger with Tyco and migration to Ireland.
- Perrigo Company on its successful defence of a $27bn hostile takeover attempt by Mylan N.V.
- Malin Corporation on its €330m IPO on the Irish Stock Exchange and on multiple subsequent fundraisings and M&A transactions.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on its migration to Ireland and related $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and subsequent acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals for $2.6bn.
- Elan Corporation plc on Perrigo Company's recommended $8.6bn takeover offer and migration to Ireland. (Global M&A Deal of the Year 2014 - American Lawyer); its successful defence of the hostile $6.7bn takeover offer by Royalty Pharma; the $1bn merger of its Elan Drug Technologies business with Alkermes Inc and Johnson & Johnson’s US$885mn equity investment in élan and related $500mn investment in élan's Alzheimers Immunotherapy Programme.
- IBM on its acquisitions of Curam and of The Now Factory.
- Anglo American on the $308m sale of Lisheen Mine comprised in its $1.34bn sale of its zinc portfolio to Vedanta Resources.