Ronan Lyons is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate and M&A Group, specialising in cross-border M&A, equity capital markets and corporate advisory work. Ronan advises many leading Irish and international companies on all aspects of Irish corporate and securities laws, across a range of industry sectors. Ronan has advised on many of the largest corporate transactions in Irish history, including for many leading international companies entering Ireland. Ronan also regularly advises Irish companies on shareholder activism defence matters and corporate governance issues. He is a member of the Firm's Talent Group and the Partner with responsibility for the Firm's Trainee Solicitor Program. He is also a member of the Firm's China Group, having previously undertaken a secondment at a leading Chinese firm in Beijing.
Areas of Expertise
- JBS SA, on the $1.3bn sale of Moy Park to Pilgrim's Pride.
- Nabriva Therapeutics on the redomicile of its Holding Company from Austria to Ireland, its listing on NASDAQ and subsequent equity fundraisings.
- Johnson Controls on its $20bn merger with Tyco and migration to Ireland.
- Perrigo Company on its successful defence of a $27bn hostile takeover attempt by Mylan N.V.
- Malin Corporation on its €330m IPO on the Irish Stock Exchange and on multiple subsequent fundraisings and M&A transactions.
- Prothena Corporation plc on its spin-off from Elan Corporation plc and several NASDAQ equity raises totalling over $400m.
- Aralez Pharmaceuticals on setting up its Irish structure and the subsequent acquisition of various product rights, including Zontivity and Toprol-XL.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals on its migration to Ireland and related $1.6bn acquisition of Paladin Labs and subsequent acquisition of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals for $2.6bn.
- Elan Corporation plc on Perrigo Company's recommended $8.6bn takeover offer and migration to Ireland. (Global M&A Deal of the Year 2014 - American Lawyer); its successful defence of the hostile $6.7bn takeover offer by Royalty Pharma; the $1bn merger of its Elan Drug Technologies business with Alkermes Inc and Johnson & Johnson’s US$885mn equity investment in élan and related $500mn investment in élan's Alzheimers Immunotherapy Programme.
- IBM on its acquisitions of Curam and of The Now Factory.
- Anglo American on the $308m sale of Lisheen Mine comprised in its $1.34bn sale of its zinc portfolio to Vedanta Resources.
"Recommended Lawyer." (Legal 500 2017)
"Ronan Lyons is an excellent lawyer." (IFLR1000 2017)
Ronan has been a contributor to publications on European M&A law and European securities law. He is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Cork