Ronan Lyons is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group, specialising in M&A, private equity and corporate advisory work. As well as advising Irish companies, Ronan specialises in advising leading international companies on their cross-border transactions involving Ireland, across a broad range of sectors. He has advised on many of the largest corporate transactions in Irish history.
Ronan also frequently advises US and other international companies who are establishing operations in Ireland for the first time, with a particular emphasis on the tech and life sciences sectors.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Capital Markets – Equity/Corporate migrations to Ireland and de-SPAC M&A/Investing in Ireland/Life Sciences/Technology/PLC Advisory & Governance
- Inflexion Private Equity Partners on its acquisition of SteriPack.
- Crestview Partners and its portfolio company SyBridge Technologies on the acquisition of Galway Tool & Mould Ltd.
- BlackRock Inc. on its equity investment into Circle Internet Financial, a global fintech firm and digital currency issuer.
- Pilgrim's Pride Corporation on its $952m acquisition of Kerry Group's meats and meal business.
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc on its acquisition of Strongbridge Biopharma plc.
- US technology company Akamai Technologies Inc. on its acquisition of Asavie Technologies.
- Standard Chartered Bank on its strategic investment in CurrencyFair, an Irish payment platform company.
- Nabriva Therapeutics on its acquisition of Zavante Therapeutics, the redomicile of Nabriva from Austria to Ireland, its listing on NASDAQ and subsequent underwritten equity offerings.
- Morgan Stanley, as AbbVie's lead financial advisor and lender, in connection with AbbVie's $63bn acquisition of Allergan.
- Johnson Controls on its $20bn merger with Tyco and migration to Ireland.
"Ronan provides excellent legal and business advice." (IFLR1000 2022)
"Market Leader." (IFLR1000 2022)
"Highly professional, responsive and extremely knowledgeable." (IFLR1000 2019)
"Ronan Lyons is an excellent lawyer." (IFLR1000)
Ronan has been a contributor to publications on European M&A law and European securities law. He is a member of the Law Society of Ireland and the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Cork