The Asset Management & Investment Funds team at A&L Goodbody offers a range of executive and director training to clients. We provide bespoke training modules designed specifically for directors of Irish domiciled investment funds, senior executives and individuals performing key controlled functions in the funds industry.
Our team comprises partners, senior lawyers and legal professionals who draw on their extensive experience in the Irish investment funds and financial services industries in meeting the needs of their clients.
All training offered by A&L Goodbody Executive Training is accredited and eligible for continuing professional education and training requirements for solicitors in Ireland and the United Kingdom. Assistance can be also provided to clients on request to maintain and update board and director training logs for future reference.
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) introduced new requirements for alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs) to ‘devote adequate resources to the induction and training of members of the governing body’. The Executive Training team will work with clients to ensure that all induction and on-going training needs are identified and addressed under the new AIFMD regime.
Sample Training Modules include
Anti-money laundering training modules include:
- AML – legislation and guidance.
- AML compliance - emerging challenges for senior management.
- AML compliance – MLRO training.
- Directors’ duties and obligations under Irish law.
- Corporate governance in the investment funds industry.
- Central Bank of Ireland fitness & probity regime.
- Central Bank of Ireland - themed reviews.
- Facilitating board performance reviews.
- Board enhancement - how to create and maintain an effective Board.
- AIFMD Board induction.
- AIFMD training which can include:
- Internal Controls and Business Continuity
- Risk Management
- Compliance & Internal Audit
- Due Diligence - Policies & Procedures
- Decision Taking & Governance
- Supervision of Delegate