Environmental & Planning: Experience
- Casa Cuervo SA in the acquisition of the Bushmills distillery including all environmental, regulatory and health and safety issues.
- Receiver of Waterford Wedgwood receiver in relation to the environmental aspects of the sale of the Waterford and Dungarvan IPPC licensed sites.
- Pfizer Ireland in relation to the sale to BioMarin of certain lands at Ringaskiddy, County Cork, and the consequential required amendment to the EPA operating licence.
- Ervia in fully defending judicial review proceedings taken against the Commission for Energy Regulation by Shannon LNG in relation to a tariffing decision taken by the CER; currently under appeal.
- Element Power in judicial review proceedings brought by an objector against a decision made by An Bord Pleanála (the national Planning Appeal Board) to designate North Meath Windfarm as "strategic infrastructure development" (SID) under the Planning Acts and the subsequent judicial review challenge against An Bord Pleanála's refusal of planning permission.
- Ballycumber Windfarm in injunction proceedings against objectors seeking to obstruct the construction of the windfarm and in the defence of related trespass proceedings. We are also acting for the windfarm company which is a notice party in related judicial review proceedings.
- A windfarm in the defense of nuisance proceedings alleging excessive noise.
- A US private equity fund in a dispute with adjoining land owners arising out of the development of a high profile city centre office development valued in excess of €100 million involving novel land right claims.
- A consortium of banks on the original financing and subsequent refinancing of a significant strategic waste facility development, including detailed advices in relation to waste policy, waste licensing, planning consent and the use of CPO powers.
- Waste companies on issues of compliance and enforcement by EPA and local authorities, and on the defence of civil “clean up” proceedings, and criminal prosecutions.
- A large energy company on "end of waste criteria" and a submission to the EPA on its Licence review.
- Purchasers, sellers and lenders of windfarms with a total capacity of 300-400MW relative to the planning status of grid connection works following the decision of the High Court in the O’Grianna case.
- Bewleys in relation to the redevelopment of its Grafton Street premises.
- Blackstone Group on all planning matters relating to its acquisition of Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
- Heineken Ireland in respect of the redevelopment of the former Beamish and Crawford Brewery Site in Cork including a novel use of CPO powers to address title issues.
- Element power on a CPO strategy for its proposed Greenlink Interconnector.