Goodbody Secretarial Limited – Company Secretarial and Governance Services
For over 30 years, A&L Goodbody’s specialist secretarial company Goodbody Secretarial Limited has provided professional and dedicated company secretarial and compliance services. We have a highly experienced and qualified company secretarial team of solicitors, chartered secretaries and company secretarial assistants.
Through our experienced team, know-how and latest technology, we ensure that you get the most effective and efficient service, saving your company time and costs. This gives your directors comfort and peace of mind that they are complying with their statutory duties and obligations.
Act named company secretary
Goodbody Secretarial Limited is a licensed trust and service company provider and can be appointed as the named company secretary.
The appointment of an experienced company secretary should be carefully considered by the directors of a private company as they have a duty to ensure that the person appointed as secretary has the skills or resources necessary to discharge his or her statutory and other duties.
A&L Goodbody has a trustee company, Goodbody Trustees Limited, which provides trustee services to clients, and has extensive experience in providing trustee services for a number of Approved Profit Sharing Schemes
Set up a new company or register a branch in Ireland
Our team are highly experienced in assisting both domestic and international businesses establish a company in Ireland. We work closely with our tax and corporate lawyers to provide solutions focused approach to those considering investing or doing business in Ireland. Click here to find out more.
Annual company compliance obligations
- In conjunction with our Client Tech Team we can develop Corporate Calendar for each entity/group to provide timely notice of upcoming deadlines and other corporate milestones pertinent to your business.
- Preparing and filing your annual return.
- Maintenance of the Statutory Registers
- Maintenance of the Register of Beneficial Ownership.
- Assisting with the Annual General Meeting
Facilitating board and general meetings
- Ensuring that they are in line with corporate governance practices.
- We provide a venue for meetings and technological solutions to facilitate the holding of board/shareholder meetings.
- We provide companies with online solutions to ease the distribution, accessibility and security of board papers.
Scheduling board and general meetings
- Preparation of agendas and co-ordinating board packs.
- Attendance by a company secretary at board meetings for the purpose of ensuring they are validly held and minuted.
- We also advise on matters that require shareholder approval, deal with proceedings relating to shareholder meetings and resolutions and take care of your statutory filings.
Process Agent Services
- GSL provides a process agent service to clients who do not have a physical presence in Ireland but carry on business or are a party to a transaction here.
- As process agent, GSL can accept service of legal proceedings on behalf of clients and keep them notified of proceedings.
Working in tandem with our corporate lawyers and other specialist groups, we advise on a range of corporate matters including:
- implementing complex group reorganisations; best practice in corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- matters relating to share capital
- directors’ duties and transactions and arrangements with directors
Other company secretarial services
- Acting as named company secretary
- Providing a registered office and mail forwarding facility
- Changes in directors and secretaries (appointments and/or resignations)
- Re-registration of different company types and changes to constitutions
- Changes to company name, business name and registered office
- Changes to share capital (transfers, allotments, redemptions and buy-backs)
- Arranging notarisation and/or apostilisation of documents
- Voluntary strike off, members’ voluntary liquidation and restoration
- Tax registrations