Sheena Doggett is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Corporate and M&A group. Sheena has worked with ALG for more than 25 years and is head of the firm's Corporate team in London splitting her time between Dublin and London. Her key areas of expertise include private equity, corporate governance, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, incentives, corporate restructuring, ESG and general commercial matters.
Sheena regularly advises a wide range domestic and international corporates (both public and private), financial institutions, private equity funds, management teams and founders. Her recent relevant experience include disposals and acquisitions in the finance, payments services and technology sectors and disposals by founders (including family groups) of significant international businesses established and developed in Ireland. Most recently, Sheena was listed in the elite international group of prominent female lawyers, 'IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2022’.
Areas of Expertise
Corporate and M&A/Investing in Ireland/Pensions and Incentives/Commercial Contracts/Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources /Food, Drink & Agri/Hospitals & Healthcare/Life Sciences/Incentives/Venture Capital & Growth Equity /Companies Act 2014/Goodbody Secretarial Limited – Company Secretarial and Governance Services
- KB Associates on its sale to ECI Partners, and on its secondary sale to Waystone owned by Montagu and Hg.
- Exergyn on its Series A investment by Mercuria and Lacerta Partners.
- Spectrum Equity on its acquisition of The Digital Marketing Institute from its founders, and on its other acquisitions and disposals including PicMonkey, Survey Monkey and Wedding Wire.
- Aker Horizons AS on its €1bn acquisition of Mainstream Renewable Power Limited.
- The founders of E&I Engineering on its sale to Vertiv Holdings Co.
- Investec on the sale of their Wealth & Investment business to Brewin Dolphin and on the disposal of Start Mortgages and Nua Mortgages.
- The founders of Scale-Up Systems, a domestic software business on its acquisition by Mettler-Toledo.
- Fortress on various Irish transactions including the acquisition of the Prem hotel group.
- Permira on various Irish acquisitions including Creganna Medical and its secondary sale to TE Connectivity, Smith and Williamson, Tilney and Alter Domus.
- Apollo on various Irish disposals and acquisitions including the sale of Avantcard to Bankinter, MBNA's credit card business and debt portfolios from Bank of Scotland Ireland.
"Sheena's experience is unparalleled, and she brings this to everything she works on. She is client-focused, responsive and practical. We can always rely on her to provide solutions to complex issues, grounded in extensive market knowledge." (Chambers Global 2022)
"Very commercial, practical and experienced. Also very approachable and strong in her field." (IFLR1000 2022)
"Extremely commercial, brilliant on a deal and always gets you the right outcome - a great negotiator." (Chambers Global 2022)
"We use all the top lawyers in the magic circle firms and choose Sheena because she is so good." (Chambers Global)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin