Solicitor - Commercial Litigation
Our Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice is widely recognised as a market leader in Northern Ireland.
Our specialist knowledge and technical expertise ensure that we are consistently instructed on the most significant and complex high profile cases. We are uniquely positioned in Northern Ireland offering a combination of local market-leading expertise and knowledge, with the extensive strength and depth of resources of an international firm with an all-island footprint.
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercial disputes solicitor to join our expanding Intellectual Property, Media and Technology disputes team in our Belfast office. Due to our continued growth in this area, we are looking for solicitors who have experience in media, data protection matters and intermediary liability. You will work alongside a team of market leading specialists, where you will gain exposure to the highest quality of work. You will be providing legal advice to companies from all industry sectors, specifically in relation to defamation, reputation management and data protection. Experience working with media organisations and technology companies would be advantageous but not essential.
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years relevant PQE (England or NI) within a large or medium corporate law firm
- Experience advising on contentious media and data protection issues
- An interest in developing knowledge in the various practice areas
- A keen interest to learn technically and through our various development programs
- Excellent drafting skills, solid technical knowledge and good interpersonal ability
- Strong communication, client management and business development skills
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced and innovative environment