Project Manager - ALG Solutions
The ALG Solutions team in Dublin is seeking to hire an experienced project manager and would welcome expressions of interest from candidates with proven track records of delivery and a minimum of 5 years of client facing project management experience across multiple disciplines particularly in a professional services capacity.
Always integrated with our partners and legal experts, ALG Solutions has over 70 experienced legal and business professionals. Our experts in project management, data analysis and financial modelling, collaborate to explore new ways of delivering legal services, defining and executing smart, cost-effective solutions that help clients manage risk. We are driven by the ever- changing needs of clients, who are faced with exponential growth in data volumes, intensified regulatory activity, a highly competitive transaction environment and ever shorter timeframes. The working environment is positive, dynamic and presents an opportunity to secure an exciting role and to build a core competency and advance the capability in the Firm.
We are looking for candidates with experience in delivering and supporting projects, who are used to dealing with all levels of client engagement as well as 3rd parties. The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in projects across a range of practice areas and industry sectors. The role is a professional services type role and is not suitable for technical or test SMEs.
- Experienced Project manager with proven track record of delivery and minimum of 5 years of project management experience across multiple industries and disciplines in the professional services arena.
- Self-motivated and a team player with strong sense of customer centric delivery. The candidate must have experience of facilitating delivery from teams who are not direct reports.
- The candidate must provide the construct and governance needed to allow team to deliver on clients' asks.
- Experience in client facing roles, dealing directly with all levels in client or 3rd parties expected, including ability to represent Firm competently.
- Proven ability to scope and plan engagements from the outset, with effective time management and organisational skills with particular emphasis on delivery of informed milestone plans, resourcing and deliverables to critical path schedules, using consistent and approved industry methodologies.
- Driven, results and goal orientated individual with energy needed to ensure consistent delivery.
- Competent facilitator with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of managing interaction with multi-disciplinary teams & different skillsets highlighting key interdependencies via RAID application.
- Demonstrates ability to stay calm under pressure, good listening skills and open to alternative options.
- Ability to manage competing demands of client and strong competency in timely escalation of challenges as they arise with provision of solutions.
- Proven experience producing forecast budgets, managing actual budgets to plan, resource planning and 3rd party vendor management as well as review of expected benefits and return on revenue.
- Polished presentation skills with proven ability to communicate with all levels of client organisation. Excellent documentation and writing skills essential.
- Candidate must have proven ability in addressing sub-standard delivery in a constructive and meaningful manner.
- Strong reporting capability including delivery of dashboard metrics to reflect progress analysis and delivery phases.
- Experience of coaching and developing team players would be viewed as advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years of project / change management experience across different disciplines.
- Project management qualification to required level – PMP, Prince2 or equivalent.
- Full competence in using Microsoft Project or similar project planning tools effectively.
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent spreadsheet data analysis and data presentation skills advantageous.
- Participation in any relevant Industry Bodies and other relevant experience/ training viewed as advantageous.
We are incredibly proud that A&L Goodbody has been ranked as a 'Top Tier' firm in The Legal 500 EMEA Guide for 2023. The firm is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. A sample of other recent notable awards include: listed as one of Ireland's top 25 best places to work according to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2022; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2022) by Chambers Europe; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2021) by Who's Who Legal; Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Law (2023) by GradIreland; Tier 1 in all 7 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Global; Band 1 in 11 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Europe; Outstanding Firm for Pro Bono (2021) by Chambers Europe; and Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (2021) by EMEA Tax Awards.