An exciting opportunity exists for a Paralegal to join our Legal Project Management Services Team.
This will be a 12 month fixed term contract A&L Goodbody's Legal Project Management unit comprises a unique blend of legal expertise, project management and IT specialists. By extensive collaboration of all three specialty areas the Unit is providing an innovative and alternative cost efficient solution for the delivery of legal mandates to clients.
Paralegals provide assistance to the solicitors on this team in the delivery of legal services. Paralegals differ in their background, experience, training and responsibilities but will essentially perform work which requires legal knowledge, creativity in problem solving and independent judgement. It is expected that individuals within a paralegal role will place a great deal of emphasis on client service and will demonstrate openness to a diverse range of job assignments.
A&L Goodbody is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 97 partners between Europe and the US with over 800 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. Recent awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2018) – Chambers Europe; Independent Law Firm of the year (2017) – the American Lawyer; Ireland's most Innovative Law Firm (2016) – Financial Times.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing leading business service teams.
Role and responsibilities
- Document management
- Assisting in due diligence exercises
- Assisting with transaction completion activities
- Scheduling and managing deeds
- Drafting documents
- Legal qualification (degree or diploma) desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a legal environment or commensurate experience
- Computer literate with strong word processing skills and experience with document management systems.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, demanding and pressurised environment
- Flexible and hardworking approach
- Ability to work on own initiative, is proactive and committed to assignment completion