Click below to view a list of our frequently asked questions or for further information on any of our programmes please contact us.
You can apply online via our website during the relevant recruitment period. Our key dates can be found here.
No, we welcome applications from all degree disciplines.
No, applicants from national and international universities are welcome to apply.
No, we welcome all applicants. However, we are looking for people who are able to demonstrate they are interested in a career in law.
Students often ask how they can differentiate themselves on their application form. Most application forms have a limit on the amount of information you can put in each section. Therefore, it's important to choose your words carefully and to be clear and concise. It is also very important to think about exactly what you are putting on your application and what a corporate law firm might look for/expect in a candidate. Ask yourself the following questions and how you might demonstrate your knowledge and skills in these areas on your form:
- Do I read business pages in newspapers or online?
- Do I know what's happening in the markets and on the global political stage?
- Do I know what legal developments are currently taking place in Ireland / abroad?
- What are the biggest challenges currently facing law firms?
- Do I have varied interests?
- What do I know about ALG and how are my skills suitable for the work we do?
- How have I challenged myself in my life to date? Am I resilient? How do I demonstrate this?
- Am I a good communicator? How can I demonstrate this on my form?
- What are my achievements to date which show that I am a suitable candidate for corporate law?
- How do I demonstrate that I've thought about / know why a career in corporate law is for me?
More about what we look for and tips on how to apply can be found here.
ALG is a partnership. The firm has 100+ partners and is managed by a Management Committee which is made up of the Managing Partner and the heads of our main departments.
ALG offers a service portfolio combining corporate law expertise with a specialist focus on the key legal disciplines and business sectors, led by experts in their field, on an all-island basis. A full range of business legal services is provided through our corporate, banking and financial services, corporate tax, disputes & invesitigations, commercial property and pensions departments.
Furthermore, the firm also offers the most extensive range of specialist services available in Ireland through over 30 specialist practice groups. The emphasis and operation of these practice groups continually evolve and develop in anticipation of external market needs. Click here for more details.
Our clients are leading Irish and international organisations including publicly listed corporations, semi-state bodies and private companies. They cover a wide range of industry sectors including financial services, life sciences and pharma, technology, communication, food and beverage and energy.
Yes. ALG's Responsible Business programme is a fundamental component of our business.
We recognise the importance of running our business in a responsible way and we strive to work ethically and sustainably, have minimal impact on our environment and make a meaningful impact in our community. For more information about our Responsible Business programme click here.