COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is presenting unique and unprecedented challenges for employers who have to grapple with complex issues in a rapidly escalating crisis. The speed and effect on employers is unprecedented. Employers are endeavouring to mitigate the impact on their workforce; ensure the health and safety of their employees, comply with their legal obligations and consider practical solutions to employment law issues that are developing on a daily basis. As this crisis unfolds, it is essential that employers have a strategy in place to respond in a speedy, legally informed and pragmatic manner. The employment team at A&L Goodbody has been advising clients on COVID-19 related issues for a number of weeks and has worked closely with a number of clients on successfully developing COVID-19 action plans. Please do not hesitate to contact your usual A&L Goodbody contact on the Employment Team if you need any specific COVID-19 related advice.
In the employment section of the Hub we have collated our insights on COVID-19 to assist employers respond to this crisis:
Republic of Ireland
- Update to COVID-19 employer and employee income supports
- COVID-19 vaccinations: key considerations for employers
- Update to COVID-19 income supports and the July stimulus package
- Annual leave: Does the government’s ‘Green List’ mean go?
- Update to COVID-19 Income Supports
- Returning to the workplace: What should employers be considering?
- COVID-19 Income Supports
- COVID-19: Practical guidance on the recent changes to the Wage Subsidy Scheme
- Top employer queries in Ireland arising from COVID-19 shutdown – Part 2
- COVID-19: Immigration - Temporary Work Permit Arrangements
- COVID-19 Crisis Management: Key questions for HR, pensions and benefits managers
- COVID-19 Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme – FAQs from employers
- COVID-19: Essential Workers – Employer Guidance
- COVID-19: State funded support for employers – the Wage Subsidy Scheme
- COVID-19: Immigration and Work Permit Implications
- COVID-19: Top five employer queries in Ireland arising from week 1 of Coronavirus shutdown
- COVID-19: Emergency legislation in unprecedented times
- COVID-19: Top 10 Employer FAQs
- COVID-19: CBI Statement
Northern Ireland/United Kingdom
- COVID-19: Updated Guidance for employers on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. Updated 6 April 2020
- COVID-19: New Guidance for employers on the Job Retention Scheme
- COVID-19 update: What is the Job Retention Scheme and how will it work?
- COVID-19: Unprecedented Government Support for Business and Employees
- COVID-19 update: Guidance for UK & NI employers
- COVID-19: Plan, Prepare and Respond - Guidance for UK & NI Employers