ALG and the Law Society are very proud to have established the Calcutta Run in 1999. Since then, the run has taken place every year and has grown in strength and numbers raising over €4.3m for the Peter McVerry Trust and the Hope Foundation. In 2019, over 150 people from ALG were involved in the event with 1,400 runners and walkers participating in total in different locations around the world. €20,958.84 was raised by ALG people in 2019 through various fundraising initiatives including which included a spinathon, cake sale, table quiz and ALG partners serving lunch in our restaurant.
Fundraising at Christmas
During the Christmas period, we engage in a number of fundraising initiatives and events to support the following charities:
- The ALG Choir Christmas Concert in aid of Depaul Ireland
- Christmas cake sale in aid of St. Joseph’s Co-ed Primary School, East Wall
- Clothing appeal for Trust Clothing
- Shoebox appeal for Inner City Helping Homeless
- Christmas Toy appeal for:
- IFSC Inner City Trust
- St Vincent De Paul
- One Family
- Jesuit Refugee Service
- Book donations to the libraries in both St. Joseph's Co-ed Primary School, East Wall and Francis Street C.B.S., Dublin 8
Fundraising in our Belfast Office
In April 2020, ALG partnered with wellbeing charity Inspire. Inspire is largest and longest established independent charity focusing on mental health and wellbeing services in Northern Ireland. Throughout this partnership, ALG will support Inspire's vital work through provision of pro bono legal assistance, fundraising initiatives, volunteering and annual funding. Previously, ALG partnered with Age NI, the leading charity for older people in Northern Ireland. Over the three year partnership with Age NI, ALG employees raised over £32,650.